21 Day Fix

Options
I am trying to do something a little extra to help me with my weight loss. I have seen this 21 Day Fix program and think it may be something that may help. Has anyone given this a try? Thoughts?

Replies

• stevesgirl824
    stevesgirl824 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I tried it. The eating part was somewhat difficult for me and I didn't really enjoy the work out DVDs. I am finding success in tracking my calories and hitting the gym 4-5 times a week. I learned I like going to the gym versus doing a work out DVD.

You may like 21 day fix!! It may work out well for you, but if I don't enjoy something I won't stick with it.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    What happens on day 22 and beyond ?
  • miksmommy4
    miksmommy4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's a great program but you have to add in some cardio because the program is really more strength training than cardio. Plus in my case it had me eating too many calories. It started me off at 1850 but when I joined my fitness pal, it said i should be eating 1490... 21 day fix doesn't take into consideration your gender or height, just weight. But other than that, it's a good program. I lost many inches and clothes I couldn't fit after having my baby fit again
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    What are we fixing and why does it only take 21 days? What happens on day 22?
  • rainey4
    rainey4 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    On Day 22 if you are not at the weight you want to be you do another round. I am on the board here called Fun with 21 Day Fix!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    rrr0623 wrote: »
    I am trying to do something a little extra to help me with my weight loss. I have seen this 21 Day Fix program and think it may be something that may help. Has anyone given this a try? Thoughts?

What happens on the twenty second day? :)

Seriously, there is nothing to fix. Just eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.
  • jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    While I'm not doing it myself, I have several friends that are and really enjoy it and are seeing good results. Yes, folks at day 22 you start over if you want, or move on to something else. It's the name of the program. Sheesh. Some people enjoy a structured approach to eating/working out, or want more guidance. Nothing wrong with that.

Feel free to friend me if you have any additional questions! :)
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it! It has def helped me nutrition wise, portion control is a biggy for me! And helps to get in those extra veggies to fill you up, I have lost inches, not much pounds. The workouts arent that intense- I'm used something more like p90x.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you combine it with a healthy nutrition plan on a calorie deficit, it works great. There are a bunch of people in the group I'm in that are getting great results from it.
  • littlered9484
    littlered9484 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did 3 rounds of 21 day fix and lost 12 lbs and 20 inches. Loved it...still following the nutrition plan but doing Insanity Max:30 workouts this time.
  • Badwolf34
    Options
    This program is great! I despise the gym, and like that this program gives you a different work out every day. 30 minute work outs are easy to squeeze in every day.
    The eating plan is mostly just teaching you how to eat healthy and portion your foods.
    I did the program when it first came out and lost weight, and just started it again this morning.
  • trying4real
    trying4real Posts: 113 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I know a few people doing it and they love it.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    If you absolutely need something and you think it'll work for you, go for it.

My issue with the 21 Day Fix, besides the "what happens on Day 22?" are a few things: what happens when you want to go out to eat? What do you do with the little plastic containers then - if you go out to eat will your progress completely be derailed? Will you be staring at a menu, frustration building as you try to calculate how much the item you want to order will fit into a green, purple or yellow container? Will going out to eat throw you into a tailspin? Or what if you want to combine veggies and grain into a dish? WHAT CONTAINER DO YOU USE?!?!?! HOW CAN I MAKE MY KALE, QUINOA AND CRANBERRY SALAD?!??!?! WHAT IS THIS COMPLETE CHAOS?!?!

Or what happens if you lose one of those pretty color-coded containers? Or don't feel like washing your dishes? How can you properly measure out the food? And is this a way you plan on eating for the rest of your life or will you phase into another program or method?

There really doesn't seem to be any "diet" in this program. It just seems like you're throwing food into a Tupperware container with a pretty color. If you're the kind of person who doesn't have a grasp on nutrition, perhaps this is the right plan for you as all it really seems to do is teach you portion-control. And the workouts? Meh. I could get the same or better on any number of websites.

I found that weighing my food, tracking my calories, and hitting the gym works just fine without needing to throw around extra money on a program with mixed results. And I don't have a whole bunch of new Tupperware to wash or find out how to store in my already cluttered cupboards.

Also, do a little hunting online. You'll find plenty of programs with the same idea and methodology without having to shell out 3-easy payments.
  • rrr0623
    rrr0623 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    rrr0623 wrote: »

What happens on the twenty second day? :)

Seriously, there is nothing to fix. Just eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.
    Blasphemy !