Early Birthday Present... 25lb loss w/ pic

Options
DaveNix
DaveNix Posts: 78 Member
I feel kind of awkward posting this, but it was the deal, so here goes:

I started MFP on March 4, having made the decision to lose weight once and for all following a doctor's appointment where I weighed in at 270lbs, and test results showed my cholesterol and triglyceride levels off the charts. I had progressed on my own from 265 pounds to 258 by the time I'd joined MFP, but the rate at which I'm losing weight with the program and the help here is amazing.

25lbchart.jpg

I'd like to thank Keith and Meli (keith0373 and perkymeli) for turning my on to this site through Facebook updates, seeing their progress made me look into it in the first place. I'd like to thank my lovely wife, Tess (tessnix) for coming with me in this journey - I enjoy our walks and our new life! I'd also like to thank ALL of my MFP friends for their encouragement, insight, and advice. I've gleaned a lot of information just from reviewing diaries - so again, THANKS!

As for what I've accomplished thus far: I'm on the last hole on my belt (down four notches), which is bad because almost ALL of my pants will NOT stay on without it. :wink: XXL shirts look like tents on me now, while XLs are comfy. I just set a new best for 5K of 31'02". I feel and look better, and the looks on the doctor and his staff were priceless for my 3 month follow-up.

25lbcomparison.jpg

I can see that my belly is markedly smaller and I've lost a lot of weight in my face and neck. Nowhere near where I want to be - there's still a lot of work to be done - the moobs have got to go.

On to the next: 220 by July 2!

Replies

• hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your hard work really shows! Best wishes for continued success:drinker:
  • Allison4C
    Allison4C Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
    You're doing wonders for your health and I bet you feel better. Happy birthday. Keep up the great work!!!
  • 1FitMom326
    1FitMom326 Posts: 228
    Options
    Keep up the hard work, that's good results in a short period of time.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Congratulations your doing great I can definitely see the progress!
  • bobbrich
    bobbrich Posts: 6
    Options
    Awesome man I just joined after my friend lost 36lbs in 2 months here. now seeing you solidify this place...Keep up the work.
  • smylee1173
    smylee1173 Posts: 15
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • deanie0515
    deanie0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Happy Early Birthday and keep up the good work!!! It's really showing!!!!:happy:
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Awesome......keep it up......you can def see a difference ;)
    Happy Birthday!!!
  • jazzyface
    jazzyface Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yaay!! Great job!! :)
  • elsapm
    elsapm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Best of luck on your journey!!
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    - the moobs have got to go.

On to the next: 220 by July 2!

first off, great job, keep up the hard work.....lost of chest exercises (cable's) can take care of that,
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    YOU are why I keep going through this journey! What an awesome commitment you have given to your goal! Happy Birthday!
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    amazing job in a short time!!! you look great! keep up the good work and best wishes for the rest of your journey!!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    you're doing great keep it up
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Not the moobs! Congrats Dave!
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    LOL you had me cracking up with the "moobs" :laugh: your too funny! Congratulations on your weight loss, the pics are great!! Love the supporting family and friends you have! Good luck to ya, and on to your next goal! :happy: Oh and don't feel awkard with the post, it's very refreshing to see a man working on his weight goals as well, very cool

-Jessica :drinker:
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    YEAH! SO PROUD OF YOUR PROGRESS!!! KEEP IT UP! :bigsmile:
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! It will take some time, but if you don't do anything, where will you be in time?
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit is awesome!!!!! If you do the excersises right on it, it really works. Especially the strength challenges. Keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!