slim fast?

Options
Any one using slim fast ? Or hydoxie cut. Or any types of fat fighters how much exercise are you doing

Replies

• PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    No, not really. It's likely you'll find people actually permanently changing their eating habits and ingesting real, good-tasting food in moderation for results that don't disappear when you stop the diet.

Just eat real food, and as far as meal replacements go, those are terrible.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Urgh slim fast tastes like chalk. Hydroxycut as a pill is basically a tablet that makes you hypo and then crash and burn...
    Save your money and buy a set of food scales instead.... But that's just my opinion
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Skip the pills and if you are really wanting to do a meal replacement shake look for a high protein low sugar one. Premier Protein is a good one. I use a vegan shake mix. I would only replace one meal a day though.
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've done it all, and trust me as I say this to you, it doesn't work. Healthy/clean eating, incorporating exercise and occasional treats will give you the best body, attitude, and health. Good luck. And ditch the junk (pills).
  • 39in39
    39in39 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I can't believe slim fast is still around. My dad and I tried this diet maybe 25 years ago and we both gained weight. I'm sure it's improved, both in quality and taste... I hope, at least.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    The only time I lost weight on Slim Fast was when I had my wisdom teeth out and developed dry socket and couldn't chew for two weeks.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Slimfast is good for rancid gas. That's about it.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    39in39 wrote: »
    I can't believe slim fast is still around. My dad and I tried this diet maybe 25 years ago and we both gained weight. I'm sure it's improved, both in quality and taste... I hope, at least.

I know!! I remember trying that back in the 80's when I was in high school.

I actually didn't mind the taste so much. If you blend the vanilla with some blueberries, bananas and a tablespoon of peanut butter it's really yummy.

But real food is better.

Oh - and pills are a waste of money.

• warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I typically eat 'real food'; but I do start my morning with a scoop of slimfast blended in my ninja smoothie maker with a cup of milk, and a half cup of frozen fruit. That has replaced my morning coffee on the drive to work, and since I have never been a 'breakfast person' it gives more to eat than the nothing I used to consume... then I eat real, good food the remainder of the day. My diary is open if you want to add me as a friend? :)
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I don't like it either but I feel I should let you know that my husband ate the meal replacement bars for lunch and did LOADS of exercise and lost his weight and kept it off. He didn't follow the full 'slimfast' diet though and he would have lost the same weight having the same amount of calories for lunch in real food. He just liked the bars! I know . . .weirdo!!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I've never tried either, but everyone that I have known that has tried these products gained all their weight back after stopping them.
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I used SlimFast for a year about 20 years ago, and was successful (and kept the weight off for quite a while). I also chose my 'real' meals wisely and walked. A lot.
    I have never cared for a big breakfast, so a shake works well for me in the morning. This time around, however, I chose to go with a protein shake option.
    I get better nutrients, it's less expensive, tastes better and can mix with water or milk (which always seems to go bad before I use up the whole container) & handles add-ins like fruit well in my blender. Before you get married to SlimFast, pick up a container of soy or whey protein shake mix and do a comparison. I'd suggest you start with just one meal a day of replacement and see how it goes (assuming you are not a breakfast fan either :wink: ). I eat real food other than breakfast, and walk. A lot.
    No experience with the pills, and don't really want any.
    55144478.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Looking for Slimfast and Hydroxycut usually indicates that you're looking for EASY weight loss.
    The truth is that temporary approaches to weight loss yield temporary results over the long run. And even then, one still has to reduce calories to achieve it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • GodlessHeathen
    GodlessHeathen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I make my own shakes/smoothies in the morning . I use protein powder,cashew milk,frozen fruit,baby carrots,beets,spinich. I like it a lot better than slim fast,and I think if you break it down it's cheaper. Something in the slim fast shakes always made my stomach hurt anyways
  • carmenrosab
    carmenrosab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I drank Slim Fast for two meals for about two weeks. I was eating so much prior to this that I just wanted to get use to not eating so much. Eventually I went down to just one Slim Fast meal a day and two healthy meals. Now I drink it once in a while. I don't knock Slim Fast because it did help me. Really though, I would rather make my own high protein drink.