Any vegans?

Options
If so send some recipes please :)

Replies

• oneyearparty
    oneyearparty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there I've only been vegan for 4 months now (sorry not a long time, but it's better then nothing!). Unfortunately, I'm not super healthy about it-- I'm a full-time student and lazy. If you love to try recipes I usually YouTube them (ex. I've recreated veggie potstickers, mini pot pies with vegan Phillsbury crescent rolls). Personal stables of mine for super quick homemade snacks: enchilada fries, pizza with daiya cheese, chow mein (just need ramen noodles, oil, veggies, soy sauce, brown sugar), caldo de queso aka cheesy potato soup, potato flautas and tacos, chilaquiles, my Nana makes me flat enchiladas aka flying saucer enchiladas and potato salad with no eggs and vegan mayo. I put together veggie tortas since mexican drive thrus never know for sure if there's lard in their bolillos. I lightly fry a big batch of potatoes every morning and make potato, guacamole, bean burritos (buy fresh salsa and pico de gallo from mexican places to have on hand). Rice and curry, and the usual pasta dishes. To get my amino acids that my body can't produce naturally: toast and peanut butter (eaten together makes a complete) also, pita and hummus, Garden of Life Raw Protein (chop it finer in vitamix before adding almond milk otherwise it's chunky), hemp and chia seeds which my mom tells me you can make vanilla pudding recipes. On the road I grab fried rice with no egg, pizza no cheese, subway, vegan tamales from tamale co. I'm not sure how you feel about carbs but Freelee from YouTube taught me they're ok. Even though I eat oil instead of doing it Mcdougall style I have still benefited from no animal products: losing weight consistently while gaining muscle, clearer smoother skin, B.O. vanished. Good luck finding more recipes
  • emgs52
    emgs52 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am also new to vegan wanting to be fully raw at some point but following freelee just recently. I have a lot of weight to lose being older it's harder. We shall see
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Wonder if you can still be vegan without watching TV.....just kidding. :) Carry on.
  • abhijeetvagal
    Options
    Join a FB page called. Vegans in India ...
    You shall get all recipes & vegan related informations...
  • antahon
    antahon Posts: 2
    Options
    You need to have some standard patterns in order to not get lost.
    I would suggest eating mainly fruit for breakfast and lunch, adding some oats or something similar to make it denser and more fun.
    Dinner options are rice, veggies, pasta, soups, potatoes which are safe low fat meals, or you can get creative!

That's mainly 80-10-10 fitting.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    antahon wrote: »
    You need to have some standard patterns in order to not get lost.
    I would suggest eating mainly fruit for breakfast and lunch, adding some oats or something similar to make it denser and more fun.
    Dinner options are rice, veggies, pasta, soups, potatoes which are safe low fat meals, or you can get creative!

That's mainly 80-10-10 fitting.

80/10/10 is just a particular subset of veganism. There are many, many vegans who do not attempt to follow 80/10/10. I don't think it is necessary to follow a "standard pattern" in order to not get lost. Vegans can eat high fat/low carb, high carb/low fat, and anything in between.
  • ti807910
    ti807910 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian but we do quite a few recipes that can be made vegan or are vegan. Here are some of my favorites!

https://www.pinterest.com/tiffanydbell/delicious-looking/

- Pho: Noodles, veggie broth and vegetables!
    - Pasta of course
    - Vegan Eggplant Parmesan
    - Baked potatoes with chives, broccoli and vegan cheese
    - Indian food!
    - Black beans and rice
    - Veggie soups like minestrone
    - Veggie kabobs
    - Vegan 'buffalo wings' - MUST TRY. It's cauliflower in almond milk and flour. Then cover in your favorite sauce. We've also tried to make 'orange chicken' with this. It's great!
  • LaineyVAhimsa
    LaineyVAhimsa Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, been vegan for 8 months, not the healthiest tho. I'm on 80/10/10 and just started 5:2 diet today :)