Having motivation issues.... HELP!!!

Options
The first two weeks on my diet I was losing quite a bit i.e. 5/6 lb and then last week I wasn't as strict with myself (not as many fruits and veg, but I did a lot more exercise ) as a result I only lost 1/2 a lb I know that a loss is a loss but its pushed me back a bit, I did a big workout yesterday and am trying to keep on track now with my diet but it seems much harder this week.
It also doesn't help that I haven't really got the support at home.

I am also taking T5 fat burners every morning, the first couple of days I could notice I felt different, and now 2 weeks in I'm not feeling any effect.

Replies

• Ptcastelbranco
    Ptcastelbranco Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    One thing you have to remember is, failure is part of the process nobody is perfect so if you weren't that strict n you didn't lose as much weight. Learn out of it! I know that feeling, happened a lot to me. And with time you are are going to lose less weight just keep your head up and you'll get there. If you not feeling the effect of the fat burner don't think it's not helping just our body gets use to it. If you want to feel get of it for 2 weeks n then start again for 2 weeks.

I wish you good luck n the best!!
  • mellissaflegg
    Options
    Thank you so much for your message, any help is much appreciated.
    I did feel like I was ready for any slowing down of my weight loss and that I knew it was coming but I think I thought it would take a little longer and that I had a while to go but maybe it was because I wasnt as strict last week.
  • Ness725
    Ness725 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear, unfortunately. That said, I noticed you said youre doing a lot more exercise. Personally, I have found if I'm doing weight training or any strength/circuit training, my weight goes up the next day by a couple of pounds. I've done quite a bit of googling this phenomenon, and the internet consensus seems to be that strength training causes microtears in your muscles which leads to a sort of micro-swelling effect while you recover. Basically, I'm saying it's probably water retention.

I get a little scale obsessed myself, and I've let a lack of progress toss me off the wagon more than once. I'm trying hard to log my food and exercise and trust the process. The laws of physics show it HAS to work! I also find measuring inches lost is a great way to stave off the "scale wont budge depression". Good luck!!
  • squeakyduck214
    squeakyduck214 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I am experiencing the same thing. Something that helps me a lot is looking at pictures of my current weight. I posted my current pics in my mirror so every morning I remind myself that I have to keep in track. I also have inspirational quotes on my mirror. I also watch thinspos and the VS fashion show as I workout.

Best of luck
  • mellissaflegg
    Options
    the thing with the measuring is that i am and ive not lost an inch either but i am very strict with logging everything logged is what ive eaten so in that sense I am good and if anyone wants to look i think its deffinately public
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Breathe :) It seems like you've been at this a month maybe? Trust the process, you'll lose inches. 5-6 pounds the first couple of weeks is amazing, but not a sustainable pace for healthy weight loss. 1/2 pound to 2 pounds a week is a nice, steady rate!