What am I doing wrong?

Options
first week I put on a pound then lost two pounds now this week I have not lost anything. I have stayed within calories, nutrition looks good and I have been exercising. Feeling down.

Replies

• mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary we will be able to help.

Generally, the issue is people not weighing accurately (use digital scales) , forgetting to log on some days or not logging some items, or overestimating their exercise calories.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Hi Kaz, weight loss is not linear, and fluctuates quite a bit from day to day.

A few things to think about:

Are you weighing all your solid food and measuring liquids? Logging everything?
    Are you new to exercise or have increased significantly?
    Are you eating back the calories you burn from exercising? If so, how many? (MFP tends to overestimate, so most people only eat back 50-75% of the calories)

As Mumblemagic said, if you make your diary public we can take a look and see if anything stands out.

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Hi Kaz, weight loss is not linear, and fluctuates quite a bit from day to day.

This. You will not lose weight every week. Some weeks you'll stay the same, some you'll gain. You've gotta keep at it and watch the general trend.
  • JeddersJunior
    JeddersJunior Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Kaz, I've been using myfitnesspal for nearly three months now, I've lost a total of 10.6kgs/23lbs. I've never had a gain, but I have had two weeks (separate) in which I've stayed the same. Looking back in my diary I believe this to be hormonal, and my carb (sugar) intake being higher than my targets.

today I'm feeling like you, as I stayed the same this week, and although I know I had a sugar binge on Saturday night, it has brought me down. But onto the next week, no more binging and I'm going to up my exercise.

Good luck, don't give up!
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am depressed this week too as my weight has stayed the same, after a 1.8kg lose the week before (that's nearly 4 pounds). I have had a good week diet wise so I am disappointing. Only thing I can think of was that I was actually ill the week before so my body may have reacted to that by not losing anything this week. I will just keep at it and try to play the long game I guess
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • kaz5065
    kaz5065 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind replies, I will try to open my diary , I thought I had it open already. Looking back over the week I think I overdid the sugars. It is a case of pick myself up, dust myself down and start all over again