IIFYM? Thoughts?

Options
I'm intrigued by 'if it fits your macros'.
Anyone doing it or has done it?
How do you feel doing it?

I'm getting fed up of the same old 'clean eating' crap and I tend to splurge when food it's restricted, so I thought about IIFYM.

Replies

• JakeAdkin
    JakeAdkin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes I use it with success , although you will find yourself eating quote "clean" foods more as you will soon find out you can eat more of clean food than processed. However it does give you some more freedom and variety to eat different foods.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,024 Member
    Options
    If your restricting to low numbers like 1200 for example, IIFYM s going to be mostly "clean food" Also IIFYM has become a business and is often confused with the original concept, which basically states it's ok to occasionally consume foods that would be considered calorie dense, clean or otherwise.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Yep, what they said. I consider that I fall into this group, also know as moderation, and so do a whole ton of other people here. Basically it's about allowing yourself those 'treats' so long as they fit in with your calories and you're otherwise meeting your nutritional targets (so micros as well as macros).
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I do it and there is nothing "clean" about my diet. I wouldn't recommend eating the way I do, but it's certainly doable.