Question about Water & Weight Loss!

Options
Does drinking lots of water really help much with weight loss? On the weeks that you've made a conscious effort to drink more water than usual, have you seen a higher than usual weight loss on the scale?

Replies

• Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I think I have, I've been drinking about 96 ounces a day and have lost about 2 pounds this week already. If you eat a lot of sodium, it helps to flush out the salt in your body.
    Go buy a 32 ounce cup and you'll see a difference. I bought one at Wal-mart for $5 BPA free it has a straw and is 32 ounces, and I just suck it down, versus having to unscrew the cap to get a drink.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    It may help you feel fuller and as a result consume less calories. It may help you lose any extra water weight your body has retained. But, it does not significantly alter your metabolism resulting in increased caloric expenditure and weight loss.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Does drinking lots of water really help much with weight loss? On the weeks that you've made a conscious effort to drink more water than usual, have you seen a higher than usual weight loss on the scale?

Absolutely. I drink roughly a gallon of water a day. See my ticker down there? That's 1 year. :)
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think soo I am drinking about 150 oz water a day makes you fuller and flushes everything from your body
  • kdrumeler
    kdrumeler Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    55 pounds - Thats awesome
  • Metamorphasis555
    Options
    Thank so much for your input everyone!

Seansquared-Congrats on 55 lbs in one year! That's awesome!

Remi-Thanks for letting me know about that 32 oz. cup from Wal-Mart. I've been wanting to be a water bottle type thing anyways, so I'll be sure to look for it when I'm there this weekend! Do you by any chance remember what section of Wal-Mart you found it in?