PB2 (and other deliciousness)

Options
So i googled PB2 as i had seen people talk about it on here sometimes and it is amazing!! I love peanut butter but it is so calorific i can never justify the amount i need, to taste it in my smoothie. so this is the perfect subsitute.

Anyway... i was wondering if there were any other secret low cal snacks/treats/foods that i didnt know about???

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    PB2 is ahhhhmazing for low calorie and flavor!!

I'm a hummus girl, too. Eat that with carrots.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,923 Member
    Options
    It definitely has a place in someone's diet, just not mine. :D
  • limnological
    limnological Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried PBfit? How does it compare to PB2? I bought a huge jar of it and it's kind of... meh. Ok in smoothies, but not great as an standalone peanut butter substitute. Should I have bought some PB2 instead?
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate PB2. I really like it on those multigrain coco lite pop cakes. They are crunchy, chippy things that are like 16 calories a serving. That is good, cause while they don't take like much they are the perfect crunchy vehicle to get the chocolate pb2 in my mouth. You can have 4 tbs of the chocolate pb2 with 2 of those cakes and its only 122 calories. It's even better if you put some sliced strawberries on it.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Thinking.... There's always 2% cheese instead of full fat. It's not uber low fat to the point where it degrades the quality of the cheese, just enough to help with the calorie count. Great in omelettes. PB2 is a big one in my house lol. Regular and with cocoa, both kinds. I can have PB sandwiches again now! XD Also good in banana smoothies. Also good to keep around is Ken's light salad dressing, or for ranch, Hidden Valley light. Both taste as good as regular but are just 80 cal for 2 Tbsp. Ground bison meat instead of beef if you can get it; if not, 93% lean ground beef. Sweet potatoes are amazingly low cal and high nutrient. Sargento part skim mozzarella string cheese. cantaloupe and strawberries are very low cal and also delish. If you don't mind artificial sweeteners, Crystal Light and diet A&W root beer are awesome drinks.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I use pb2 to flavor other things. It gives a great pb taste without many calories. It definitely saved me from a particularly horrid chocolate protein powder I had once (can't remember brand name.)

I don't like it as peanut butter to spread on something though. I use regular pb when I want a sandwich....carefully measured and weighed peanut butter :p
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    In regards to PBFit versus Pb2, I prefer PBFit, but both taste a bit weird to me (sadly you can never fully replace peanut butter, the fat and calories are what makes it just so addicting!). I have found success though with mixing powdered peanut butter to vanilla yogurt, or eating it plain. Those two methods sound strange, but they're the only way I can eat the stuff, honestly. In yogurt, it adds a very nice, slight crunch, and great taste since the vanilla sweetens it a little and takes away the slight bitterness to it. By itself in powder forms, I love how it kind of dries up in your mouth, it just feels cool and is fun to eat :3
    But I just generally try to limit my peanut butter, if I have any. Unfortunately it's one of those things I rarely have now, since I love it so much and the amount I'd have to consume before being satisfied or feeling close to full just simply won't work with the amount of calories I'm allowed (seriously, it's the jar or nothing, no moderation is possible with me and peanut butter, very unhealthy relationship) xD