Low - Cal Wraps?

Options
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for some low calorie wraps?

I've been having wraps for lunch lately and I think I've finally perfected my recipe (1 slice ea. of American and Swiss cheeses broken up to cover whole tortilla, 2 slices of very thinly sliced ham, microwave for 30 seconds, add lettuce & tomato and roll!)
However, the tortillas i'm using right are whole wheat 6.5" tortillas that are 130 calories each and I just feel like there's got to be something with less out there.

Anyone have any ideas!?

Any advice is much appreciated! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Vanessa414
    Options
    Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for some low calorie wraps?

I've been having wraps for lunch lately and I think I've finally perfected my recipe (1 slice ea. of American and Swiss cheeses broken up to cover whole tortilla, 2 slices of very thinly sliced ham, microwave for 30 seconds, add lettuce & tomato and roll!)
    However, the tortillas i'm using right are whole wheat 6.5" tortillas that are 130 calories each and I just feel like there's got to be something with less out there.

Anyone have any ideas!?

Any advice is much appreciated! :flowerforyou:
  • dmmurray12
    Options
    Costco is selling La Tortilla Factory - 10" Whole Wheat Tortillas which are 80 calories.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    These are my absolute favorite good-for-me food. One of my favorite lunches is one of these with hummus and baby spinach, yummm.

Ole Mexican Foods
    Extreme Fitness Tomato Basil ( and a spinach&herb )
    Each wrap is 71 calories....

BUT...12grams fiber:bigsmile: . They taste good, 2 gr fat....I'm pretty sure they are in the data base.

If you can't find them---Ole Mexican Foods Corp Office in GA
    (770) 582-9200
    We get them in a little local market so I don't know who distributes.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Costco is selling La Tortilla Factory - 10" Whole Wheat Tortillas which are 80 calories.

Yup and they also have a larger version tortilla made with extra virgin olive oil called Smart and Delicious that has 90 calories.

I use those to make a light version pizza with turkey pepperoni, pizza sauce and reduced fat shredded mozzarella.
  • nicolet04
    Options
    i luv luv luv flatout wraps...multigrain!! they r sooo good and there only 100 calories and 8 carbs and they r a pretty good size...they r normally not by the tortillas so you might have to ask where they r in the store!!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    i luv luv luv flatout wraps...multigrain!! they r sooo good and there only 100 calories and 8 carbs and they r a pretty good size...they r normally not by the tortillas so you might have to ask where they r in the store!!!

Yeah...those are pretty good too. They are usually in the deli section in most grocery stores.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    GREAT ideas on the tortillas!! I might switch over. :smile:

Idea for inside and one of my favs:

Tilapia (baked with a sprinkle of taco seasoning or chilli powder)
    Cabbage
    Salsa
    Light Sour cream (if you want)

SO GOOOOD and really easy.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Flat Out bread is great for wraps... and I think they are 90 calories each... I do believe.
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Thanks for allt he suggestions! I'm totally going to look for some of these when I go shopping this weekend!

Thanks guys!! :drinker:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Great post and fantastic suggestions for low cal wraps.

I have been struggling as well with high cal wraps. I like to make peanut butter banana wraps - very yummy and if you use whole wheat, they last easily until lunch..

Thanks for posting.

Janiebeth
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Flat Out bread is great for wraps... and I think they are 90 calories each... I do believe.
    'noddin my head':drinker:
    ... good fiber content on those too as well as low carb, low/no fat on the lighter version ...lots of flavor choices as well........

great to bake and make yourself some pita like chips, pizza, roll-ups, etc.....

Was fun finding that brand 'FlatOut Lite Wraps'....:drinker:

I've always seen them in front of the deli section in stores...like in front of the meat counter etc.:drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love the La Tortilla low-carb wraps (50 cals & 8g of fiber!), and also the Light Multi-grain Flatout wraps. Another thing I like are the Joseph's Flax & Oatbran pitas (60 cals) or the Lavash breads (100 cals for a whole large one).

Most of them are by the deli sections instead of the regular breads.

Jess
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I love 10 inch whole wheat wraps. Spread hummus on it, add chopped tomatoes, lettuce, sprouts, chicken chunks and a bit of homemade vinegarette!