Fixing Damaged Metabolism?

Options
Hi, I've been researching about damaged metabolism since I started to feel that my metabolism is literally damaged because of my stupidity.

*notice*

please don't judge or abuse me because I virtually realised I had been uninformed.

I had been eating less than 500 calories per day or less to lose weight, I started in August 2014 and I kind of ended it in December, and I came back to eat normal but I gained weight. That time my stomach cannot digest like it used to.

I ate just only

- bread, whole grain bread

- yogurt

- desserts

- eggs

- 1-2 cups of water

No proper meals AT ALL

I currently have to eat like this because otherwise I would gain weight. I cannot even drink water more than 2 cups.

SO, I am going to reset and fix my metabolism by adding 100-150 calories per week or 2 until I reach my proper calories (2,000)

My conditions are

- 169 cm

- 57.7 kg

- YOGA, weight training 3 days a week

I really afraid of this fixing metabolism program because I will totally gain weight.

Right now, I need support and someone who has/had been into this condition and please tell me

- What it was like in your first week of the program and the weeks after?

- What are your meal plans?

- How long does your metabolism starting to working again?

Thank you

Replies

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My experience is this. After depletion, there are lots of things that weigh less in my body.
    Less blood volume
    Less glycogen in liver and muscles
    Less food in gut
    Less water in gut and skin

These things weigh several pounds. You need to account for their replenishment when you go back to eating normal volumes of food and carbs.

It's not fat.

Also, on very low calorie diet your brain chemistry changes and body dismorphia takes hold. Your bmi is very low, you could perhaps do with weigh training and adding muscle, changing your body composition as it were....

Your metabolism isn't broken love, it's just that your reserves need pumping up again. Allow a 3-5 pound gain when you're back at maintenance then it will even out.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You only drink one or 2 cups of water in a whole day?
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I just came off of an 8 month reverse diet. Last July, I was maintaining weight at 2000 calories/day. As of the end of January, I was maintaining weight at 3200 calories/day. You can do it, the key is to just take it slow. Check out this video. It does a great job talking about reverse dieting. www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3gTGLulLnI