Sour recipes

gash14
gash14 Posts: 63 Member
edited March 2015 in Recipes
I love lemons...can't get enough of them. I'm a sour addict and every now and then I get in a phase where I need something more sour than a lemon...so I turn to warheads or cry babies. Yuck I know but they're the only thing that satisfies the sour need. I'm hoping there might be some folks here who have some super sour makes you pucker right up recipes can try so I can kick this warhead/cry baby habit.

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• This probably isn't sour enough for you, but if you rinse off grapes and then sprinkle dried jello powder on them it's like candy!! It reminds me more of sour patch kids than warheads. You could get some really sour grapes then get lemon jello! Any flavor works but I like the strawberry cuz it's really sweet
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Petrus beer. You're welcome.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    Sweet and sour red cabbage. Shred the cabbage and saute with a bit of oil and some vinegar. Add a bit of brown sugar to take the edge off. Yummy! In fact, if you don't add acid to red cabbage, it will turn a yucky blue-gray. Caraway seeds are a fine addition.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    I'm slowly starting to love unsweetened cranberry juice - I still have to add a bit of sweetner to it, but its so much better than those cranberry cocktails. It's just really strong and satisfying, and very low calorie as far as juices go.
  • MrsBowen952015
    MrsBowen952015 Posts: 12 Member
    By a packet of kool aid. Lick a spoon, put the spoon in there. Koolaid is sooooooo sour without sugar in it. I used to do this all the time. Horrible for your teeth but it's guaranteed to make your lips pucker.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Chinese hot & sour soup...extra rice vinegar for more "sourishness"
  • gash14
    gash14 Posts: 63 Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions!

I love unsweetened cranberry juice with some lime & a pinch of salt! Yum-o!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    I don't have a super sour recipe for you. But I do have a list of ingredients I like to add to give recipes a little zing. Lemon juice and zest, vinegar, capers, and dill. You might look at recipes for mojo, picadillo, gremelota, avgolemeno, ceviche; all are savory meals or condiments with a sour component.