Low calorie flavored water? (as opposed to zero calorie)

Options
I am not a big fan of water. I realize this is not unique to me. I'm not opposed to drinking water, and it is refreshing when I've been sweating like a pig, but it otherwise doesn't do much for me. I'm trying to lose weight but reach maintenance calories most days, and I'm sure soda plays a big part in that. I drink multiple cans a day because I crave the sweetness. I can't tolerate diet sodas or most other zero calorie drinks because I hate the taste of artificial sweeteners. Short of blending fruit into my water, what are my options here? It doesn't seem like there's much of a market for what I'm looking for. Either you find zero calorie "sugar is evil" waters or you find stuff that is almost as bad as the soda. Your recommendations are appreciated.

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well to avoid sweeteners, I slice fruit and put it into a large container of water in the fridge at least overnight. You don't have to blend it in to be like a juice.

It won't be sweet, but it will take on the flavors. I find citrus fruits flavor stronger and faster, so I try to add those in with others. You can vary the fruits you like. Doing this is how I cut my soda habit.
  • tabathaduvall
    tabathaduvall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    One of my go to's is Hint Water. Lightly flavored but no artificial sweeteners or sugar. Still zero cal, but way more fun that plain water. My personal favorite flavors are watermelon and blackberry!
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Well to avoid sweeteners, I slice fruit and put it into a large container of water in the fridge at least overnight. You don't have to blend it in to be like a juice.

It won't be sweet, but it will take on the flavors. I find citrus fruits flavor stronger and faster, so I try to add those in with others. You can vary the fruits you like. Doing this is how I cut my soda habit.

That suits the lazy part of me. I gotta try that with blackberries.
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    One of my go to's is Hint Water. Lightly flavored but no artificial sweeteners or sugar. Still zero cal, but way more fun that plain water. My personal favorite flavors are watermelon and blackberry!

They sell those at the supermarket I work in. I'll give them a try. Thanks!
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like to add some mint leaves to my water, similar to the suggestion of fruit. Doesn't add any sweetness, but it makes it more exciting? You could also try cucumber, too, for something different and refreshing.
  • berescga
    berescga Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You could also try herbal teas and don't add sweetener, or add just a tiny bit is honey or something. Many of the fruity ones have some sweetness to them, not as sweet as soda, but better than plain water. And you can drink the tea hot or cold.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    When I saw the topic I was going to suggest adding a little fruit juice, but since you don't want that I'm not sure what you are looking for. Tea or iced coffee with a splash of sugar. Broth is flavored water, though I've never really thought of it as refreshing. Some people might enjoy a glass of steak flavored water though.