Is it possible to lose weight on the depo vira?

Options
almost a year ago I started the depo vira injection form of birth control. Before that I had lost almost 20 pounds. Over the past year I've gained almost 10 back. However for a while I was not working out or eating right therefore I would not blame it on the shot. For the past two weeks I've been very good with my food consumption and working out but I haven't lost a thing. I know it's not very long but any advice or info on this?

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Really, 2 weeks is not long at all! There could be a lot of factors at work here:

- How often are you weighing yourself and is it at the same time with the same amount of clothes (or lack thereof) on?
    - Are you accurately tracking and logging your food? If you aren't using a food scale, you most likely aren't.
    - How are you figuring out your calorie burns?

A lot of different things go into weight loss, my guess is that your birth control has very little to do with it.
  • jacquelinekj36
    Options
    I'm sure there are many factors I could help improve but I've never met a person who gave me any encouragement on weight loss while on the depo vira, sadly nothing but negative comments! I guess that was the only reason that I was a little concerned. Thanks for your input!