Anyone one at C25K Week 5, Workout 3?

Options
Hi all, today I'm at Week 5, Workout 3. Kind of nervous because I'm running 25 mins non-stop. To some this may seem easy, but I'm not the biggest fan of running! Any tips for those that reach this point? Really nervous lol!

Replies

• szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    bump! I'm almost there and getting nervous!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Did it a couple of weeks ago. You will be amazed at how the program has prepared you for it. Quite the rush, and sense of self-achievement when you're done. GET PUMPED! RAAAAAAAWWWWR!
  • dtdemarcus
    dtdemarcus Posts: 15
    Options
    the first time I did it.. it was hell, but I just finished a body pump class and ran home from the gym. I ran again today and it was much easier.. I could breathe and was hacking up a lung when it was over. Yuo have to push yourself and it does get easier the next time!
  • kellykaye_xo
    kellykaye_xo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, now I'm nervous too! lol I just finished workout 2 on Week 4! The 5 min runs seemed like a lot to me. Good luck to you!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    That is supposed to be my workout for tonight but I know it's not going to happen. I can't go for more than 12 minutes without having to slow it down to a brisk walk. That might sounds negative but it's just me knowing my body and my limitations.

I say GO FOR IT!!!! Do what you can and when you think you can't do it anymore, givve it one more shot! That's how I got up to my 12 minutes. When I first started the C25K program, I couldn't go a full minutes without having to stop. The program is great and you are going to do awesome!!!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    For me, the 25 minute one was week 6, day 3. That one totally psyched me out too. I actually started week 6 3 times. I did 2 days, then didn't feel ready for day 3. Then I did 1 day and ending up getting sick and pulling a muscle in my shoulder so that week was scrapped. Then I finally told myself that I had already done week 5, day 3 (20 minutes), so I knew I could do at least 20 minutes. I decided that if I got to 20 minutes and felt like I had to stop, I'd stop. I was able to complete the 25.

What I'm discovering is that this is enormously a mental thing. Even as big as I am, my body can totally do it. I just have to get my mind there.
  • mdickhaut
    mdickhaut Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I start week 4 today, and I'm nervous about running 5 mins straight!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    To some this may seem easy, but I'm not the biggest fan of running!
    I hear ya. Keep this in mind, though... I'm a 36 y.o. guy that weighs 260 lbs. if the program can help me get to that point, it can help anyone. You got this!
    Any tips for those that reach this point? Really nervous lol!
    Get your rest today, and DO NOT RUN TODAY! I learned the hard way what running three consecutive days (after feeling like I was on top of the world and invincible) can do to you.
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the help!!! I run every other day, but I just realized I only have to one 20mins. Thanks to whoever posted this. I do feel relieved that I dont have to run that extra 5 mins lol, but i'm still a little nervous. Nice to hear the people that completed this week! thanks again everyone!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm very scared by week 5 day 3. I've not been doing C25K consistently for 3 runs a week as I've been varying my exercise. I've done week 5 day 1 twice now as I'm even nervous about week 5 day 2 - the 8 minute stretches. I've never hit a wall and pushed through it, so I guess it's about time I did, but I'm very unsure I can really do 20 minutes jogging in a stretch.

The two week 5 day 1s have been a week apart and it's been 4 days since the second one of those two, and today I'm on the ellipitical instead as well. Maybe I need a full week of nothing but C25K?
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    bump for advice

the programme I'm doing moves in week 5 like this
    week 5 day 1 - 5min jog, 3min walk x3
    week 5 day 2 - 8min jog, 5min walk x2
    week 5 days 3 - 20min jog

Now considering none of the jogs so far have gone over a total of 20 mins jogging time OR have lastest more than 8mins in a stretch, this seems massive jump to me!

I've done week 5 day 1 twice, and last night I did week 5 day 2 but added a further 8min jog 5 min walk too it, to take the total to 24mins jogging, just to try and get my head around day 3. Even after that addition though, it seems a huge jump.

Has anyone followed this version of the C25K and made that jump?