10 day green smoothie cleanse

Options
2»

Replies

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    The only people benefiting from smoothie and juice cleanses are those self-set gurus who are sponsored for advertising smoothie and juice machines on their websites and put weird juice combinations together and charge people to download 3 day, 10 day and even longer juice/smoothie diets.
    Been there, argued in favour of it and since learned better.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    burrida wrote: »
    Just started the full cleanse ... On day 2. Has anyone done this before? Any advice to get thrw it? I'm not hungry hungry I think it's more mental hungry. What kind of results did you get? I'm more upset that I can't workout more than anything due to the lack of fuel. I might do some squats and light weights to feel normal.

Which one are you doing? Most of them have plenty of calories for working out. Plus your body gets fuel from body fat, so assuming you're not trying to run a marathon on 800 calorie days, you should be ok.
    800 calorie days and smoothie cleanses.... I have no words
    Do you understand the words "assuming you're not"?

I know it's the in thing to freak out over the words cleanse, detox and apparently now smoothie. If someone said they were on a raw vegan diet would you also freak out? That's about all the smoothie cleanses are. A produce-based diet isn't dangerous, especially for a short period.

Though if all you ever read is MFP forums, you'd sure think it was. So bravo for the MFP-studying but maybe consider some breadth of info, or at least something authoritative now and then.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Just started the full cleanse ... On day 2. Has anyone done this before? Any advice to get thrw it? I'm not hungry hungry I think it's more mental hungry. What kind of results did you get? I'm more upset that I can't workout more than anything due to the lack of fuel. I might do some squats and light weights to feel normal.

Which one are you doing? Most of them have plenty of calories for working out. Plus your body gets fuel from body fat, so assuming you're not trying to run a marathon on 800 calorie days, you should be ok.

I know it's the in thing to freak out over the words cleanse, detox and apparently now smoothie. If someone said they were on a raw vegan diet would you also freak out? That's about all the smoothie cleanses are. A produce-based diet isn't dangerous, especially for a short period.

Though if all you ever read is MFP forums, you'd sure think it was. So bravo for the MFP-studying but maybe consider some breadth of info, or at least something authoritative now and then.
    Do you understand the words "800 calories"? You said it, but do you understand that is not a healthy intake for an adult human being of any size?

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Advice? You want advice?

Stop the "cleanse"....You aren't cleansing anything, you are detoxing anything.
    Your body does this just fine on it's own.

Eat food.

Eat at a caloric deficit.

Move a little more.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I've gotten teeth to chew my food with.

And a digestive system to do all the cleansing my body needs.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • WalkingAlong
    Options

Do you understand the words "800 calories"? You said it, but do you understand that is not a healthy intake for an adult human being of any size?
    So saying "Assuming you're not eating 800 calories" is construed as advocating eating 800 calories?

I love this place. Here, let's get really controversial...

600 calories!

400 calories!

12 calories!

OMG! Look at me advocating starvation! :D
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Advice on how to get through it and you're bummed out you aren't taking in enough calories to workout...

Your eating habits shouldn't be something you have to"get through" and a "cleanse" is really just a marketing gimmick by the diet industry. This is an industry that makes profit by conditioning people to hate themselves, not take care of themselves.

Do what you want, but really just eating at a deficit works. And you could workout, and believe me, exercise makes a difference.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

So saying "Assuming you're not eating 800 calories" is construed as advocating eating 800 calories?

600 calories!

400 calories!

12 calories!

Just for context, when I read your initial comments ("Assuming you're not trying to run marathons on 800 calorie days"), it sounded like your opposition was possibly to intense exercise on 800 calorie days -- not 800 calorie days themselves.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

600 calories!

400 calories!

12 calories!

This is reductio ad absurdum on your part. As janejellyroll pointed out, what you wrote earlier was not taking issue with the low calories, it took issue with "trying to run a marathon" on low calories. Of course, even that post involved you taking things to extremes.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    The example was meant to show two extremes... running a marathon... 800 calories.

As in lifting a weight... drinking smoothies...

Not really the same.

As in, I'm pretty sure you can lift a weight without having had a non-liquid meal.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are delicious, but your body is already self cleansing so you don't need a cleanse. As long as your kidneys and liver are fully functional, you're good to go.
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    10 days is a long one. I only did a 3 day because I was trying to isolate food allergies. It really is a mental block you have to get over. I was amazed by day 3 how much energy I had and how NOT hungry I was. Feel free to friend me if you are looking for some support :)