New Member-IIFYM

Options
Hi! My starting weight was around 133 pounds and I am now at 127 pounds after counting calories for a little over a month and working out (weight lifting and cardio) 5 days a week. My goal weight is around 115 but ultimately I want to be stronger, happier, and healthier! I have recently started IIFYM and counting my macros is so much better to me than just counting calories. Any advice or success stories from using IIFYM would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• catrockst3ady
    catrockst3ady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've heard great things about IIFYM in the lifting community, so I also recently decided to start also! It's kind of hard to manually input your macros into MFP, which was kind of annoying. But I'll let you know if anything bad happens from it!
    You should check out http://iifym.com/forum/threads/262-Before-And-After-IIFYM-Sub-forum-is-up! it's a IIFYM "before and after" forum and the website has tons other posts for beginners! Good luck! :smile:
  • brosdontcuddle
    Options
    IIFYM is Awesome! it helps to know if you can be smart you can eat things you like without derailing your progress!!! I've lost 30lbs so far using that system along with working out!!
  • MissDebassige
    MissDebassige Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Heather. I'm 25 and almost finished college! I haven't been tracking as well as I'd like to but I hope that with friends I can be more accountable. Please feel free to add me as I've been looking for people to add as well as stay in touch with! Thank you!

Heather
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Good goals!

I'm a big believer in the flexibility of IIFYM.
  • allennorng123
    Options
    Hey guys, after 33 years I've decided to start counting my macros, please give me suggestions on what they should be.
    5'7", 33 yrs and 6 days in the gym.
  • hansmdude
    hansmdude Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's been a couple of months, but I think I had trouble fixing my macro goals in MFP through my desktop, but I found a way to do it via the APP... or vice versa
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey guys, after 33 years I've decided to start counting my macros, please give me suggestions on what they should be.
    5'7", 33 yrs and 6 days in the gym.

Recommended macros will usually involve a range, somewhere between minimum and ideal based on your goals. It's not always as black and white as people, websites, formulas, etc. suggest. Speaking very generally, people should be aiming for -

fat: .25-.5g per lb of total body weight
    carbs: 1-3g per lb of total body weight
    protein: .75-1.5g per lb of lean body mass

Where you fall within those ranges should be dictated by things like personal preference, sustainability, performance, and goals.

If you need more help/info beyond that, please start your own thread.