Looking for motivation

Hi I'm finding cutting my calorie intake quite difficult could use a few friends to help motivate and support xx

Replies

• daniix0x
    daniix0x Posts: 42 Member
    Just saying hello, I'm Dani, I've been using My Fitness Pal on & off for a few years, but this time around I've been consistent with it.. I'm always up for new friends to help keep each other motivated! it is hard, chewing gum helps! & drink a glass of water before each meal, sometimes you're just thirsty and not hungry
  • Z4Gurl
    Z4Gurl Posts: 16 Member
    I'm thinking I need a support system to call me out when I don't get my exercise in or when I don't log. Anyone wanna be call out buddies?
  • MR5PIGGY
    MR5PIGGY Posts: 6 Member
    I can do that! word of warning I can be a bit ocd at times :wink:
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Way to reach out and ask for support. Can I ask what you are finding difficult? Are you cutting to far or are you struggling with the macros? I am happy to help you work out the kinks if you would like.
  • MR5PIGGY
    Just restricting myself in general. I've Never really done it properly before so cutting back is really testing my will power. The hardest time is when I get home from work I can't wait for dinner and would usually snack up until dinner is ready. Now my calorie allowance won't let me and have to reduce dinner portions too! Lol, I'm sure I'll get there just harder than I thought it would be.
  • lilykabir26
    lilykabir26 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm having the same problem . I am ravenous by the time I come home from work and then school runs ; it's not easy and food is the only thing on my brain.
  • MR5PIGGY
    daniix0x wrote: »
    Just saying hello, I'm Dani, I've been using My Fitness Pal on & off for a few years, but this time around I've been consistent with it.. I'm always up for new friends to help keep each other motivated! it is hard, chewing gum helps! & drink a glass of water before each meal, sometimes you're just thirsty and not hungry

Hi Dani, yes I discovered chewing gum today too! I will try to drink some more water, that sounds like a good idea
  • I've been chewing gum too! I'm Yvonne. I'm trying to get serious about losing weight, but today's my bday so I've cheated! Lol. Its always great to have friends on the same path
  • I have just started as of yesterday, this is an interesting journey. I have never really counted calories. I haven't been able to control my weight for years. I have dropped a lot then put it all back on. Motivation is my down fall and dam fast foods. Life style change is something I really want to commit too. I struggle with when I'm out doing jobs (shopping etc) that I grab a quick fix like a chocky bar or chips. So hard to change that train of thought. Would love some pointers as to how others over came these hurdles.
  • MR5PIGGY
    bonbon707 wrote: »
    I've been chewing gum too! I'm Yvonne. I'm trying to get serious about losing weight, but today's my bday so I've cheated! Lol. Its always great to have friends on the same path

It was my Birthday too on Friday so I fell off the wagon a bit this weekend (well, a lot really). Back on track tomorrow. Gotta spoil yourselves once in a while, it you'll just get down else.