35 down, 140 to go!

Options
I've lost weight, and gained weight several times. The first was with weight watchers where I lost 60 pounds, and this brought me to 200. I then gained 115 and found myself miserable at 315. This prompted me to wake up and try again. A friend told me about the MFP app and I lost 90 pounds by tracking and logging in everyday. I started in Oct of 2010 and lost the weight in about 7 months. As soon as I hit my plateau I became discouraged and slowly began to gain weight back. While it was a slow regain, I've put on 55 of the 90 I had lost, in over a 3 year period.

I'm back at it again! Everyday is a new chance to learn about your body and how to deal with it. My sister is getting married in a little over a year, and I refuse to look this way. I refuse to gain any more weight. While the number on the scale is important, my happiness and health means a lot more to me. So I guess I'm here to find motivating friends who are either in the same boat as me, or are serious about becoming healthy :)

Replies

• yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Keep getting back on that horse.

Good luck and this time, I hope it sticks!
  • MaidOfHonor2016
    MaidOfHonor2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm hoping it sticks as well :)
  • alicaramik2
    alicaramik2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the first 35! Good luck on the rest of your journey.
  • kbare85
    kbare85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You know you can!

Feel free to add me as a friend. I log daily and am serious about becoming healthier!
  • remylebeau21
    remylebeau21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 35 that's a great start just keep at. Add for a MFP.
  • KatieKateReade
    Options
    Hello. I'm starting again with a 200lbs needed to lose. So good to see someone else who has had the same struggle. Keep going. Kate x
  • Bjennin7
    Bjennin7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight, and gained weight several times. The first was with weight watchers where I lost 60 pounds, and this brought me to 200. I then gained 115 and found myself miserable at 315. This prompted me to wake up and try again. A friend told me about the MFP app and I lost 90 pounds by tracking and logging in everyday. I started in Oct of 2010 and lost the weight in about 7 months. As soon as I hit my plateau I became discouraged and slowly began to gain weight back. While it was a slow regain, I've put on 55 of the 90 I had lost, in over a 3 year period.

I'm back at it again! Everyday is a new chance to learn about your body and how to deal with it. My sister is getting married in a little over a year, and I refuse to look this way. I refuse to gain any more weight. While the number on the scale is important, my happiness and health means a lot more to me. So I guess I'm here to find motivating friends who are either in the same boat as me, or are serious about becoming healthy :)

You can do this! We're all here to support you :)
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have stopped and started so many times I could not possibly keep track of how many times. I have lost 127 lbs with 123 to go so I understand the struggle very well. I can assure you that you can do this. It won't be easy and there will be tough days but just keep making each day a little better than the last. Anyone can feel free to add me for additional support.
  • dodgegirl3970
    dodgegirl3970 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A doctor actually told me that when you hit a plateau you should load up on your carbs and fat (go eat a big burger and fries) and it should kick your body back into fat burning mode over the next few days. Anyone know if there's really any truth to that?
  • MaidOfHonor2016
    Options
    I appreciate the support! It's nice to know some people have the amount of weight to lose like I do, it's encouraging :) good luck everyone!
  • MaidOfHonor2016
    Options
    A doctor actually told me that when you hit a plateau you should load up on your carbs and fat (go eat a big burger and fries) and it should kick your body back into fat burning mode over the next few days. Anyone know if there's really any truth to that?

I'll have to try this the next time I hit a big plateau!
  • meeshasingh
    meeshasingh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know is hot yoga is good for weight loss or has had any good experiences?
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I've done the up and down before. I lost 175 lbs and kept it off for years - until recently when my life situation had me grieving and stressed. I put 80 lbs back on. Now that I'm feeling better emotionally it's time to get that weight off again! We can do this!!

35 lbs is awesome - keep it up and the rest will be off in no time!!
  • cruciia
    cruciia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I've done the same, good luck!
  • MaidOfHonor2016
    Options
    Good luck to you as well! I think it's better knowing weight loss is an up and down battle sometimes. Nothing is permanent, but it's worth the constant work :)