Calling all Runners!! December 12th... who's running today?

Options
And what's the weather like where you are?

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    And what's the weather like where you are?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    5 mile run at 5AM. About 24* out and just lightly snowing. It was beautiful!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I did 5.5 miles today with about 36 degree weather at 5:30 a.m.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Wow, I need to learn how you guys run in the cold. I just can't do it.

Running after work - 4 miles is my goal.
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Layers!!! Dry-wick running tights, dry-wick shirts... just lace up your tennis shoes and head out the door. I don't let myself think about how cold it is, just head outside and GO! :laugh: I like the quote that says something like... I have to exercise before my brain wakes up in the morning. :wink:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

Layers!!! Dry-wick running tights, dry-wick shirts... just lace up your tennis shoes and head out the door. I don't let myself think about how cold it is, just head outside and GO! :laugh: I like the quote that says something like... I have to exercise before my brain wakes up in the morning. :wink:

Maybe after Christmas. My mom is giving me a gift card to go buy workout clothes, so maybe then. I don't have the money to buy anything new right now, and I swear I wear the same outfit just about everyday. I have only 2 sports bras!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    15 degrees this morning and ran 7 1/2 miles down. I was fine with the cold but for some reason my hand only my left hand started to go numb and it was painful even when I got home. Guess I need new warmer gloves I had two pairs on too. It is weird because I have been running in this cold forever and that has never happened. :noway:

Alisha
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Wow, I wish I was running. I taebo'ed this morning. It is way too icy to go out running, otherwise the temp wouldn't bother me. I'm hoping sometime this weekend a little of that ice might melt. Or perhaps my DH will buy me a treadmill (yeah, right!).
  • Burton4
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am new to this. I found this site on Cafe Mom. What a great way to track your eating and hold yourself accountable for what you eat!! I am very excited about this site! Anyhow, I have been doing really well on my running. I live in a very cold, snowy place, so i run on my treadmill. I run about 3 miles a day 5 days a week. I am pretty good about it, the problem is, I keep eating the darn Christmas cookies and candies!! I love to eat healthy, but It is almost an unwritten rule that I must have some sweets every day!! I can't wait to start tracking all that I eat! I did this once before, and it totally worked for me. I lost most of what I wanted to. I just had unrealistic goals. I want to be 100 pounds again like I was way back when! Now I realize after 2 kids, that is not a realistic goal. I would be happy at 115 again. Wish me luck!! I am just going to loosewhat I can before I get pregnant again! We will be working on baby #3 after the New Year. In the past. I get pregnant RIGHT away, so I may not have much time, but I will do waht I can! I hope after I am pregnant to still use this site to help me stay on track with a healthy amount of pregnancy weight gain. I only gained 18 pounds with my daughter and 21 with my son, so I should be ok, but i usually start off a pregnancy at around 120 pounds, and I am 127 now! Thanks for all of your support. Good luck to you all!!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ran 3 miles today. My top secret tip to being warm is a hat. I know it sounds like something your Grandmother would say but it's true! I have a thin runnig beanie from New balance and it really keeps me warm and keeps the wind off my ears. Layers and gloves and music top it off!
    Bunny
  • wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Options
    I ran 5km (3 miles) in Vancouver, BC today.
    It was about 1 degree C (33 F) which turned the extra large rain drops into massive snow flakes.
    By the time I finished running it was back to rain, I was soaked through all my layers of clothes. My water resistant jacket didn't resists so much:laugh:
  • mimielle
    mimielle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I ran 6 km this morning at 5:30 am in Calgary... which is a little early for me but I woke up before my alarm and decided to get my run in before a big snowstorm hits us. I don't mind running in the snow but it drives me crazy to run on unshovelled sidewalks that have iced over.