Snack Suggestions?

Options
I have been in a snack rut as of late. Right now my go to is Sharp Cheddar Cheese and apples. Need to be portable and work friendly. Thanks!!

Replies

• Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese and 100g halved grapes? (I like them mixed)
    Veggie sticks of you choice (carrots, celery, ect.) and a hardboiled egg?
    Pre-made tuna snack kits?
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Soft goat cheese on apple slices is amazing! Air popped popcorn is a good low cal too
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    nut butter on celery sticks, sliced red peppers rolled up in turkey, bag of mixed nuts/seeds/coconut flakes/mini choc chips, cutie/halo tangerines, hardboiled eggs, string cheese, hummus with cucumber/celery/carrots.

I tend to love a snack for a while than burn out. I am looking for new ideas as well :-)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I just got a box of single-serving salmon packets -- the foil envelope things -- from Amazon. My plan is to use these as snacks since you can eat it right out of the envelope. Might help keep me away from other things I eat too much of and get more Omega 3s into me.
  • itsjosiebitch
    itsjosiebitch Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I never eat this but I think I might start. Sugar free jello. :) or Greek yogurt
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Honestly the most filling snack for me is exactly that... cheese and apple. Occasionally I switch the cheese for a Greek yogurt and the apple for some carrots or something...
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I find that if you can find a good mix of protein, carbs and fiber it keeps you full longer. Fruit with peanut butter, seeds/nuts/edamame (soy) and carrots/celery all work well.
  • giannigreco83
    giannigreco83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Quest bar
  • NikkiNerdy
    NikkiNerdy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A babybel mini cheese is very portable and healthy, also I am in love with Witworth's shots of usually a mix of raisins and chocolate they are very good at satisfying the sweet tooth.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    carrots, grape tomatoes, apple with almond butter, 100 calorie popcorn
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I've just been eating a banana
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks are banana, greek yogurt, nuts, quest bars, an entire large carrott is great bang for the caloric buck.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and berries, yogurt, beef jerky, quest bar, seaweed/kale chips, dark chocolate, protein chips, laughing cow cheese/carrots, popcorn, leftovers from dinner the night before
  • nmathieu2013
    Options
    Salt free/fat free rice cakes with almond butter or cheese
  • Infivemonths
    Options
    Greek yogurt with fruit is absolutely the best breakfast or snack idea.. Easy to prepare ✌️
  • RedPanda85
    RedPanda85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love Greek yogurt. Chobani or muller have 100 calories packs. Really yummy!

Baby carrots. Rice cakes with fresh ground peanut butter or avocado. Cottage cheese with fruit preserves or if you like savory with cherry tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers.

You could probably even snack with dry cereal like Kashi or Fiber One.
  • kika_mckee
    kika_mckee Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!!!
  • bonnieneedshelp1
    Options
    For me, it depends on the time of day. I have no idea of your age or how much you are trying to loose. I do the carb and protein swap. The goal is to eat less carbs than protein. In the daytime such as between breakfast and lunch, I enyoy protein shakes. Chocolate is my favorite. It also helps me feel less needy for chocolate. In the afternoon, I enjoy a tasty protein bar. Always read label, but the help with the desire to chew and need to have something sweet. The most difficult snack time for me is my 8 pm snack. I usually have Greek yogert with shelled almonds on top. Its filling. All the above are portable. Sweet unsalted potato chips are good to.
  • KLouHerout
    KLouHerout Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This week I discovered that at least in my mind, green apple plus feta and basalmic tastes like a caramel apple. I'm not sure if it's just me, but it might be worth a try.

Also Greek yogurt is super filling. I also like to make a warm grain snack, this week I made a risotto style barley that was fantastic. It's warm, filling and really pretty healthy.
  • jessicaevelyn18
    Options
    I've been eating walnuts sprinkled with cinnamon. They are great for you and have helped me stay full longer.