Progress Shots..

Options
khol1
khol1 Posts: 100 Member
Hey, I've lost 42lbs so far however, for the first time I gained weight this week.

I'm wondering if anyone has any progress shots and what motivates you? :)
Dont be shy!

Replies

• evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Morning! I just posted these on a face pics progress page so thought I might as well share here too :)

Before: August 2012 - 198lb / 90kg / 14.2st
    After: March 2015 - 156lb / 71kg / 11.1st
    Working towards - 136lb / 62kg / 9.7st

96fksh8v9tvn.png
    2fu9gtk8au9o.jpg

I guess I started out being motivated by unhappiness. I didn't like the way I looked and I didn't like my relationship with food. I'd done the yoyo dieting for almost a decade and decided it was time to make a change to my mindset about food and exercise. Now, I'm motivated to exercise because I like the way I feel afterwards, I enjoy being outside in the sunshine, so I get out for a run. I enjoy feeling strong and capable so I do strength training. I also really enjoy the way actually food makes me feel when I have eaten it - like meat and vegetables and fruit. I feel... i dunno... vibrant? Any one else get that? I guess I'd say enjoy the journey, don't focus on the destination :)

Oh, and I still have a pair of jeans from when I was 90kgs and putting those on every now and then helps remind me how far I've come!
  • mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    After about 17 months and going from 282 pounds to 150, from a 48 inch waist to a 32
    Funny, but every insecurity I have had about myself, whether it be looks, weight or what ever, I have heard people on here saying the same thing about themselves.
    And the funny thing is, I look at those people and think, what are they talking about? they look fine to me. I guess we see ourselves differently than others do. I put up a post yesterday asking for everyone’s opinion if they thought I looked ok at the weight I am at now, as I only have like 5 pounds to my goal. You do not realize, that reading almost every response being positive means so much to me. I have gone thru the days of not wanting to be in pictures because of hating what i saw, seeing people laughing as I walked by, hating to go out to eat figuring people thinking, look at that fat guy, he should not be eating that. walking in and praying i would be able to fit in that booth, avoiding traveling because afraid i would not be able to fit in the planes seat. not wanting to go see shows or sporting events for fear i wouldn’t fit in the seats or bother the person next to me with taking up to much space. walking into a store in the mall, and having nothing in your size to buy. It is all so degrading.

People on here ask how I have stayed so strong for these 17 months that I have been on My Fitness Pal and its because of the reasons above. I am mad at myself for putting myself in that position. My stroke that I had was mostly caused by my weight.That is something I will live with the rest of my life with the damage it has done. It has taken me now 17 months, to feel normal for the first time in many years. Just so much wasted time where I could have been enjoying myself, instead of being miserable. So why have I been so good? Because I know those feelings and vow to never live like that again. And most of my success is because of you. All the likes and comments, really do mean something. Especially when you have gone thru years of not hearing positive things. So next time you think are alone in this, you are not! We have all gone thru the same insecurities and emotions that you have and having friends on here helps so much.
    The one good thing about feeling hurt and embarrassed, is that is what is what makes me stronger now. I will be staying on mfp when I reach my goal because I know I need this and have read to many stories of people that reach their goal, leave, and are back a year later, regaining everything they lost, plus some. So thank you to everyone whether we have been friends for 17 months or one day. I want to be here and celebrate when each of you reach your goals. Hope you all have a great week!!!
    0sn0vy8fqr2u.jpeg
    l856kt9post5.jpg
  • khol1
    khol1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow, these really are amazing, and well done to you both!

I'm struggling at the moment with motivation, and seeing these shots has been a MASSIVE help!!! :):):)
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wow! You both look great. Mart001, you look like an entirely new person.
  • mrsjatty
    mrsjatty Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    mart001 wrote: »
    After about 17 months and going from 282 pounds to 150, from a 48 inch waist to a 32
    Funny, but every insecurity I have had about myself, whether it be looks, weight or what ever, I have heard people on here saying the same thing about themselves.
    And the funny thing is, I look at those people and think, what are they talking about? they look fine to me. I guess we see ourselves differently than others do. I put up a post yesterday asking for everyone’s opinion if they thought I looked ok at the weight I am at now, as I only have like 5 pounds to my goal. You do not realize, that reading almost every response being positive means so much to me. I have gone thru the days of not wanting to be in pictures because of hating what i saw, seeing people laughing as I walked by, hating to go out to eat figuring people thinking, look at that fat guy, he should not be eating that. walking in and praying i would be able to fit in that booth, avoiding traveling because afraid i would not be able to fit in the planes seat. not wanting to go see shows or sporting events for fear i wouldn’t fit in the seats or bother the person next to me with taking up to much space. walking into a store in the mall, and having nothing in your size to buy. It is all so degrading.

People on here ask how I have stayed so strong for these 17 months that I have been on My Fitness Pal and its because of the reasons above. I am mad at myself for putting myself in that position. My stroke that I had was mostly caused by my weight.That is something I will live with the rest of my life with the damage it has done. It has taken me now 17 months, to feel normal for the first time in many years. Just so much wasted time where I could have been enjoying myself, instead of being miserable. So why have I been so good? Because I know those feelings and vow to never live like that again. And most of my success is because of you. All the likes and comments, really do mean something. Especially when you have gone thru years of not hearing positive things. So next time you think are alone in this, you are not! We have all gone thru the same insecurities and emotions that you have and having friends on here helps so much.
    The one good thing about feeling hurt and embarrassed, is that is what is what makes me stronger now. I will be staying on mfp when I reach my goal because I know I need this and have read to many stories of people that reach their goal, leave, and are back a year later, regaining everything they lost, plus some. So thank you to everyone whether we have been friends for 17 months or one day. I want to be here and celebrate when each of you reach your goals. Hope you all have a great week!!!
    0sn0vy8fqr2u.jpeg
    l856kt9post5.jpg

You ROCK
  • cazpom37
    cazpom37 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

0sn0vy8fqr2u.jpeg
    l856kt9post5.jpg

Fantastic!! You've done awesome!
  • LP4life
    LP4life Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    OMG you guys look amazing!!!!!! I am currently at 290Ibs and I have never been this heavy in my life except when I was pregnant with my twins. Your success stories and before and after pics are truly an inspiration. I was starting to feel as if I was all alone in this weight loss journey, until I joined mfp and started to read all of the different stories. I am on a journey to live a healthier life and It has not been easy, but after reading different post I am truly inspired!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work guys!
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    "So next time you think are alone in this, you are not! We have all gone thru the same insecurities and emotions that you have and having friends on here helps so much."
    I'm quoting you and wishing you continued good health. Your story is so moving and inspiring...I try to read about other people's struggles and achievements before going out to lunch so that I can focus on their strength before sitting in front of a menu! I'm pumped now...off to my low-carb lunch with mart001 in mind...
  • ElisaJtsu
    ElisaJtsu Posts: 97 Member
    Options

0sn0vy8fqr2u.jpeg
    l856kt9post5.jpg

WOW...just WOW!!!!!!
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Every time I hit a disappointing plateau, I get on here just to read these kinds of stories. So glad we are not alone, there is a light at the end of this long tunnel.
  • jasmineenriquez
    jasmineenriquez Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    u6h3i6st7eqj.jpg

That's my progress shot! The right was two years ago, took me a summer to slim down from 156lbs to 142lbs. I maintained at 142lbs all the way up until this past December when I said ok I can do this! Picture on the left is current and I'm at 128/130lbs there can't remember exactly. My goal is 118lbs and what keeps me inspired is that I have wanted this for so long and have never gone for it, I felt it was time. I want to feel accomplished ! :) I want to feel great about myself :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation!
  • heathbilly
    heathbilly Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    0ew8ynx7i5yf.jpg

Starting over. Stress and depression made me look for alternatives other than the bottle. Started Running, and kept going.
  • MarvelousMrs
    MarvelousMrs Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Wow! I love all these stories! What great inspiration! Heathbilly I love your attitude. I struggle with stress and depression (and I think that's what causes my IBS) and I'm trying to find alternatives so I feel better and can live life! You rock!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that progress is not linear. And everyone here has done a great job!
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    How did you get those abs?
  • andst5001
    andst5001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Martt, You are amazing!!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    405 to 211 (194 lb loss at end of Feb)

Comparison%202%20Final_zpslcpvynhn.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!