Support for the "under" eaters...

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to help others, while others help me. I know for myself, personally, it is always hard to hit the calories goal needed with my active lifestyle. With as much as you try, you get full fast and easy. I live a strive to live a healthy lifestyle, but I am looking to support others to hit their goals and to push through, when it seems difficult. We all have our weaknesses. While over eating is one end of the spectrum, I feel under eating is often dismissed and equally an issue. It is just as difficult for some to under eat, as it is for others to over eat. So let's all come together, and push each other to be healthier and make positive choices. And to know that we can overcome the under-eating

Add me and lets motivate each other to have healthy lifestyles!

Replies

• mparent25
    mparent25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When I first started using this I kept getting so annoyed and frustrated that at the end of the day I would be 500-800 calories under my goal because I had burned so much in the day. But then I started increasing my intake of protein shakes and that helped me get a lot closer to my goal calorie intake.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    There is a forum here for those looking to gain weight, you will find others there that alsol struggle to get their calories.
  • darrylt109
    darrylt109 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That sounds like the best problem ever
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    That problem on the few days I have had it. I just ate straight up cheese. Delicious wonderful cheese!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    If you're under 1200 (total, not net) for the day, add some healthy high-cal food:
    nuts
    avocado
    cheese
    peanut butter
    a little more olive oil to sautee those veggies
    salmon or other fatty fish
  • aliwilkey
    Options
    I have a question about this. So about three weeks ago I weighed hundred and 175 pounds..my current weight is 168 pounds I am 5'9 and 25 years old... My caloric intake goal is 1500 calories but I exercise 5 days a week usually and burn 300-400 calories so I'm creating A deficit and am wondering if this is going to be harmful to my body??
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    aliwilkey wrote: »
    I have a question about this. So about three weeks ago I weighed hundred and 175 pounds..my current weight is 168 pounds I am 5'9 and 25 years old... My caloric intake goal is 1500 calories but I exercise 5 days a week usually and burn 300-400 calories so I'm creating A deficit and am wondering if this is going to be harmful to my body??

That sounds reasonable. Sounds like you were 173-175 depending on water weight fluctuations and you're now in at 168 which is a loss of 2lbs a week, pretty reasonable for someone overweight or at the edge of "healthy/overweight" BMI. If you're eating a reasonable (1500) calorie goal and exercising, how would it be harmful? Don't worry unless you are feeling sick; at that point, discuss with a healthcare professional.
  • xleexleex
    Options
    I agree with Penny. And with the calories you are burning compared your intake. Your body is consuming around 1200 calories. So I think you are on a good path! Keep the healthy eating up and exercises strong!
  • xleexleex
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    If you're under 1200 (total, not net) for the day, add some healthy high-cal food:
    nuts
    avocado
    cheese
    peanut butter
    a little more olive oil to sautee those veggies
    salmon or other fatty fish

That's what I try to do. Peanut Butter is my addiction so its good that I can get high-cal and good fats that way!