How do I add crossfit to exercise diary

Options
Crossfit burns big ballpark 12.5 calories per minute during the class depending on what we do, plus after burn. I can't create a new workout with all the stuff we do every day in the exercise diary. It's just too time consuming. Anyone know how to just add approximate calories burned to database, or should I just not worry about it and just track food and add calories in paper journal myself when needed....

Replies

• thecharizardtamer
    thecharizardtamer Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I want to know how to add yard work, not just gardening. Real yardwork. It shouldn't be that time-consuming in the diary because once you put it in first time it goes into favorites.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Most people just book calisthenics.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    You can just create your own entry once, just call it crossfit. You know the calorie burn, just edit the time each day. I wouldn't account for "afterburn" just the time you actually spend in the WOD
  • manderspage
    manderspage Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I go with Circuit Training.
  • down_ell_beez
    down_ell_beez Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit surge, which has a HR monitor in it. It will estimate how many calories you burn in circuit training (ie crossfit) and most other exercises outside of swimming. Then I just pick a similar myfitnesspal workout and adjust the time to make equal calories.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I used to just log each activity accordingly:
    Warm up/stretching/cool down - "Mild stretching" XX minutes
    Strength specific work - "Strength training" for XX minutes
    WOD - "Circuit training" for only the duration of the WOD

Usually my workout estimates would be 300-600 cals for the full hour session comprised of those three core activities. After a while of logging workouts that way, I could easily ball park what my workout had burned and then just manually adjust the calories in my custom CrossFit entry.

ETA: 12.5 cals/minute *might* be applicable for the WOD itself, but that seems pretty high for any other accessory work that is done before and after the WOD like warm ups, skill work, buy-ins/cash-outs, etc.
  • MoeAnthony
    MoeAnthony Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Come ON, My fitness pal! I've seen posts about this dating back to 2011 and you can't ballpark it for us? argh! I agree, with all the stuff that's done, I'm not going to log every single exercise - my body AND brain are too exhausted to remember more than get home, shower and get to work, haha.

Guess I'm going with circuit training too...
    Crossfit burns big ballpark 12.5 calories per minute during the class depending on what we do, plus after burn. I can't create a new workout with all the stuff we do every day in the exercise diary. It's just too time consuming. Anyone know how to just add approximate calories burned to database, or should I just not worry about it and just track food and add calories in paper journal myself when needed....