lucysmommy
lucysmommy Posts: 460
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
any ideas what i could have

i eat anything lol

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    I always get steamed shrimp and veggies with brown rice. Sauce on the side.

Shrimp with Garlic Sauce is not too bad either...
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    My chinese place has a "diet steamer" option. Basically it is steamed meat, veggies, with no oil and sauce. I usually get the brown sauce on the side and dip in it. I use a lot less that way.
  • vickigee
    vickigee Posts: 36
    Great job on your weight loss. GorillaNJ . I have only eaten out at one and we were invited there so didn't have many options. I didn't have the steamed options that you other ones stated. I just took small portions and stayed away from the coconut and the fried things. Also stayed away from the things I totally loved as I knew I would go overboard on those. I plate looked totally empty but felt if I drank enough water and tea it would help me fill up.
    Also when I went home that evening I found something that I knew that was healthier to eat as a snack. I did lose weight that week so I ended up making a wise choice that night.
    Good luck and hope you can enjoy the meal.
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Fish is a better option than meat, unless it's chicken but not in a heavy sauce...try brown rice or some rice noodles if your chinese does them. Oh and LOTS of veggies that aren't in oil!!
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Depends on what they offer and how 'authentic' it is.
    You could get soup for safety.
    Get an entree and order without sauce--or sauce on the side. Especially for veggies: those usually come stir fried with too much sweet sauce.
    Avoid anything fried or covered in something color-coded (orange chicken, orange fish...)
  • lucysmommy
    lucysmommy Posts: 460
    thanks for the sensible replies :-)
  • betterthanmama
    betterthanmama Posts: 57 Member
    anything "steamed" with "sauce on the side" should be totally fine - just measure the rice. BTW, noodles are not good steamed.
This discussion has been closed.