Burning Calories

Options
what is better... Burning 500 calories in three hours landscaping, with an average heart rage at 115 bpm... Or burning 500 calories in 45 mins with an average of 155 bpm. This just an example. I do landscaping all day and burn about 1200 calories a day. When I get home I'm beat, but feel guilty not working out. Is ok to skip. I have the Fitbit charge HR and u wear all day. By the time I go to bed I have burned 3500 calories.

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?

And, it seems, if landscaping is your job, you can’t decide to go with option B. So, what’s the point, to require more food because you’re burning more calories? At a 3500 daily burn, you should easily be able to eat at a 500 per day deficit.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    How long have you been in landscaping? If it is part of your normal day to day life and you feel you are not fit and want to improve something, then you should do something above and beyond your normal daily activities.
  • neverquit347
    Options
    I'm not worried about the calorie deficit, I'm always about 1000 below..(yea I know that's bad, I'm working on that). I'm just curious, as long as you are in a calorie deficit, does it matter how you burn the calories.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried about the calorie deficit, I'm always about 1000 below..(yea I know that's bad, I'm working on that). I'm just curious, as long as you are in a calorie deficit, does it matter how you burn the calories.

For weight loss? No, it doesn't matter. For specific fitness and strength? Maybe. Could you go run a marathon based on your landscaping "workouts'"? Nope. Squat 400lbs? Probably not.
  • danashapter
    Options
    I can't figure out an easy way to enter my exercise. I work with a trainer doing supersets. I enter what I did but it shows - for calories burned? I never know what my calorie deficit is