Recent college grads?

Options
charc16
charc16 Posts: 147 Member
Hi all! I just joined this site last week and so far so good! I graduated from Colorado State University in December and (luckily) got a full time job right away. I am now sitting behind a desk for 9 hours a day and trying not to become too depressed as I watch my friends enjoy their summer vacations!

Anyway, I figure if you're on this site, chances are you're like me and trying to work off the pounds you gained freshmen year (and sophomore, and junior, and senior...and super senior year). I would love to 'meet' some people who are in the same boat so we can motivate each other. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I started by 'big girl' job about 10 months ago after finished 7 years of school (including Masters Degree). I realized that I started gaining due to my new sedentary professional postion. :)
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I graduated in December and made it my goal to shed my college lbs. I've lost 23 so far and working on the last 12!
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Same here, but I graduate in December this year. In the summer and now since schools almost done, I work at an office full time!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a CU grad, Dec '09! I've actually lost my college weight already, but I was already overweight and am trying to lose the rest! I, too, have a desk job now (in Denver) and have to work to keep my weight down. Which has been difficult, since I sprained my ankle a little while ago. I just got the okay to try a little light running, but I'm STILL not allowed to go hiking yet!! :sad:
  • BuckeyeLuvvvva
    BuckeyeLuvvvva Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm graduating in a week with my doctorate! Fortunately in this last year or 2 i was able to get rid of most of what i gained freshman, sophomore... and junior year haha. But I'm always looking for friends around my age! Feel free to add me!
  • mollymoo89
    mollymoo89 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'll send a friend request! I graduate tomorrow, taking the summe off, then start my masters in the fall!
  • skye_logan
    skye_logan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm actually in the middle of the college gaining stages, I start my junior year of college at the University of Illinois in the fall. I'm only taking one summer class and don't have a job yet, so hopefully I'll be able to use all this extra summer time to make progress on my weight!

6847268.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I havent quite graduated yet (plan on next December), but I work full time and take 15 hours of online classes each semester. So when I am not sitting at my office desk, I am sitting doing homework! I am soooo looking forward to summer and having a little more time on my hands. I have gained around 40 lbs since graduating High School in 2007, and I CANT WAIT to lose it all!
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I speak frankly, I dont mean to offend anyone, if I do i apologize.

I am currently a student doing a double major, computer science and chemistry. They are not easy and require a lot of work. I have lost 100lbs, and well i gained back 80 haha. That's why I am here, I do know how to lose weight.

I personally don't feel that school is an excuse to gain weight, or working a sedentary job is an excuse to gain weight.
    I am currently living a sedentary life style, just go to home and school and that's all. Started working out this week again. Started out with 15mins workout sessions and I have lost 10lbs so far. Most people would say it's water weight, I have been studying fitness for over 14yrs. That water weight thing never made logical sense. So i start to diet, that means I will lose water? If increase my calories that means I gain water?? makes no sense at all. The only way it can semi make sense, is by glycogen in the body. If you reduce your carbs your muscles will get flat because they have no glyocogen. If you reduce your calories you do reduce carbs by default. Unless you just cut out protien from your diet and keep your carb ratios. Then what would the excuse be for water weight?

It's possible to reduce bodyfat with a sedentary life style. It all boils down to calories. Well there is more to it than calories, it's about proper macro nutrients at the right time to maximize the fat burning effect.

If you live an active life style you can lose weight with a higher caloric intake. If you live a sedentary life you can still lose weight with less calories compared to someone who lives an active life style.

My post isn't to anyone specifically, Going to try to add the girl who posted as a friend, I am new here, so I need some friends too.