Gaining back weight

Options
Hello everyone...My name is Barbara. Today I decided to get back on track. I opened myfitnesspal and put in my new weight. I have gained back fifteen of the 30 lbs that I had lost. I did this by eating what ever
I pleased starting on Thanksgiving. I tracked my calories from yesterday and I had consumed 2100 calories. This is probably the average of what I have been eating for the last 3 1/2 months. Yikes! I would love to hear your stories and how you managed to get back and stay on track. Any encouragement will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Some of that will probably be water weight and will come off quickly. So maybe not quite 15.

I started by getting my fitness routine back up and going. Once that was going well, I started logging, with my calories set at maintenance. First goal was just to log. Then, to do better than the day before. Then, to eat no more than maintenance. Then to aim for a deficit. Etc. I've just progressed it slowly in that manner.
  • barbianneK
    barbianneK Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Probably some water weight because when I lost my weight I was doing fairly low carb. I spent the whole week trying to get back on track but would blow it by dinner. I am hoping that using mfp again will help me. I reviewed all my past posts and looked at my weight loss progress. Instead of kicking my self in the butt I am trying to stay positive.For me getting past the first few days is key. I usually can kick my sugar and carb cravings like that. Thanks for responding!