I need a little help :(

Options
jessicancherry
jessicancherry Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
I've been trying for years to lose weight. I'm currently 223 and want to lose at least 40 pounds to feel better about myself. I need a little support because I just can seem to do it on my own. If anyone else knows this struggle I would really appreciate a boost :)

Replies

• michanda2015
    michanda2015 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I started at 265 in January and am down to 240 so far. I could use some support in return. Stay positive, u can do this.
  • Janice4945
    Janice4945 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. Weigh yourself once a week and take your measurements when you start and then once a month. This will really help you when you aren't dropping pounds! Inches show up during those times! Eat healthy and stay away from fat free/sugar free foods. Fat free foods have added sugars! Sugar free has artificial sweetners that are not good for you! Track everything you eat with amounts and drink 8 glasses of water each day. I am also drinking 3 cups of green tea per day. It is supposed to help metabolism. Just some advice on how to get started. Good luck! You can do it!!!
  • pssantry
    pssantry Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm new too and need to lose 58 lbs to get to 150. Hopefully this will help with my problems with arthritis in my knees and my balance problems. I need this site to keep me on track. All friends are welcome.
  • bubsdoyle
    bubsdoyle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The fact that you've put yourself out there and asked for help is awesome!!
    You're already stronger then you think. I'm sure people will have better advice then what I could give you. But if you ever need some tough love on a weak day then friend me and I'll be there for you.
    Be proud of yourself. You've come further then you think. :)!
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Frequently_Fabulous Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend! I love active MFP-ers!
  • hannahrgilbert
    hannahrgilbert Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Added! Would love to encourage each other. You got this! :)