Question for you

Options
Hey,

I was wondering if it's actually possible to lose 20 lbs in about 5 weeks. I know it's "possible", but can it be done through diet/exercise and be safe still?

And if so..how? Even if it requires a major diet and exercise routine.

Thanks!

~Anna

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    4lbs a week is incredibly unlikely for someone who is morbidly obese. If 20lbs is all you have to lose, it's basically impossible. Any diet and exercise which could have anywhere near that result would be incredibly unhealthy and not safe in the least. Even aiming to lose half that in that time would be too aggresive.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    If that's all you have to lose? No safe way to do it. Only someone who is INCREDIBLY overweight can lose weight that quickly and possibly be safe.

You may lose between 2-5 pounds of water weight in the first week or so (assuming you increase how much water you're drinking, etc) but after that you should be losing 0.5-1 pound a week.

~Lyssa
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Eating literally nothing probably wouldn't get you 20 lbs in 35 days.
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Definitely not.
  • stargazingstonemason309
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Okay thanks for the replies!

What are the main food to cut out/the main ones to eat? I'm 21 yrs old, 5'7", weigh 148 and want to be between 120-125 so I don't know if that has anything to do with what I should do/eat and how I should exercise

...I really have no idea what I'm doing lol
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I have a question for you: what's your hurry?

I know, I know...we all want to have that perfect body in the blink of an eye. But since that's not going to happen, why not take your time, and treat it as a learning experience, where you figure out how you can eat in way that's healthy and sustainable?
  • That's a great question and I agree.

I have a couple of reasons, and I admit some of them aren't super great.

One is, I'm impatient and get super discouraged if I don't see results.

Another big one is that I'm getting married and want it off now for peace of mind to know I'll have it off before my wedding.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    OK, you're right...those aren't great reasons, LOL. They're understandable, but they're not great. :wink: