New mom, looking for awesome friends!

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Katie and I'm a new mom to an almost two month old little girl. I'm getting back into the fitness game after my pregnancy. I have used My Fitness Pal for a long time. I started my journey at 210 pounds, and before I got pregnant had lost 53 pounds! I was 12 pounds from my goal weight and was thrilled! And then the little muffin started growing in my belly and I had to gain some healthy weight for her. It was a bit hard knowing I was so close, but it only makes me more determined to get there this time! For me and for my family!

Working out with a baby in tow is a bit of an extra challenge, but I'm up for it! I am determined to get the body I've always wanted and nothing is going to stop me now! I'd love some motivated, upbeat friends to help cheer me on and of course I'll be there doing the same for you! Losing weight is so much more fun when you have people who understand your struggles and successes! Please add me as a friend! Especially other new moms! Let's work on this together!

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• JamieBarrett24
    JamieBarrett24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm also a new mom on a weight-loss journey. My daughter is 5 months old and I'm currently 110 lbs away from my goal weight. I was able to keep my weight gain during pregnancy to a healthy minimum and I've lost 35 lbs since I gave birth. I had complications during my pregnancy that kept me on modified bed rest so trying to get back into a workout routine is brutal! I'd love to meet some other new moms :)
  • lrob87
    lrob87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a new mom too - my daughter is 3 months old - and I'm at least 50 lbs away from my goal weight. Would love to meet some new mom friends! :)
  • kp3868
    kp3868 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a seasoned mom of 3 under 4. My son was 18 months old when I had twins. I gained 23lbs with son/26lbs with my twins. My high weight was 226lbs. I'm currently at 161 with 35 to go! I'm 5 foot tall so 226lbs was a huge amount on my tiny frame. I'd love to follow you in your journey as new moms!
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    welcome back and congrats! My son just turned 1, feel free to add me! :)
  • xjasminerose
    xjasminerose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im a young mom:) of 1 year old, i was 98 pounds before my son i am now 147 :( im going in the right direction and eating healthy and I'm trying to get back to at least 115 feel free to add me or message me ,I would love to help another mom :)
  • ilovemypeekapug
    ilovemypeekapug Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm mom to a 2 year old little boy. Once warm weather gets here exercise will be easier because you can put your little one in a stroller and go for a jog or long walk. Good luck! I will send you a friend request.
  • brellen0906
    brellen0906 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi mommas! I could have written the original post! Even down to losing 50 lbs a few months before getting pregnant with my third - who is now 10 weeks old! My boys are 5 and almost 4. I also work full time although I'm still on maternity leave for a couple more weeks. Please friend me - I'd love to keep in touch and support each other on this journey!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I've got 3. 11,9 and 2.5yr old. I do everything at home. Feel free to add me :)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat! I have 4 kids (7,5,4and 7 months), but lost a sizeable amoutn of weight prior to baby #4. I started that journey at 212 and got pregnant at 180....Im not 207 and working my way down again. Feel free to add me!
  • RiceAndPeas
    RiceAndPeas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am not a new mom anymore, with a 5 and a 6 year old, but I never lost the extra weight. I am turning 30 this summer, and I feel like I spent most of my 20s as an overweight mom. I want to feel amazing on my 30th birthday in July. A year ago I was almost 40 lbs more than I'd like to be, and I did lose 12 lbs last year, mostly with MFP. I feel it creeping back though, and I will not let it! I have about. 30 lbs left to go. I love my husband, but he is not that supportive. He thinks I look great the way I am and tempts me regularly with eating out or having drinks on the weekend. I would love some extra support from other moms. I am relatively new in my town and have not made any other mom friends. Please feel free to add me if you're in need of support.
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    33-year-old mom of four here! Ages 9, 6, 3, and 21 months. I lost over 40 lbs with MFP between babies #3 & 4. I hit my goal of 135 lbs for about a month before getting pregnant. It was the first in my adult life I was a healthy weight. I gained a reasonable amount but it's soooo much harder to get back there now! I have roughly 6-7 lbs left but have been stuck in this zone for months, and before that I was stuck at 10-15 to lose for a year! I have no problem working out, it's my nutrition. I'm an emotional eater, too. It's hard not to feel like I'll never get back to 135. I was only there such a short time it feels like it was a fluke. :(

I'd love more mommy friends!
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have a 6y boy with similar story of op
  • Adultswim1976
    Adultswim1976 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had my third baby 9 weeks ago and I am 40 pounds from my goal weight. I would love to have some friends in the same boat to cheer with on the way through this journey!
  • erock115
    erock115 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had my baby in oct. Would love some new mom friends on here. Still have 30 lbs to lose.
  • mhulgan
    mhulgan Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Well, my 'baby' is probably technically a toddler (16 months), but I love having mom MFP friends, so anyone is free to add me :). I also have a 5 yr old.

OP - I was about 4 lbs away from my goal weight when I got pregnant. We had been trying for two years and had two miscarriages, so I was thrilled - but part of me felt cheated about not getting to enjoy being thin longer!

I started back to running when my daughter was 8 weeks old, and it took me about 10 months to get to pre-pregnancy weight. When I stopped breastfeeding, I pretty quickly put on 10 lbs, and now I'm working on getting that off and reaching my goal weight. I've got about 15 lbs to go!
  • mammabear1193
    mammabear1193 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My daughter's 18 months and I just recently started working out, it's definitely a challenge with kids, but good for you for being so determined and motivated! Feel free to add me!
  • Onalenna1
    Onalenna1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie, I am also trying to lose weight gained during pregnancy. I have been working on it for 2 months now. Let's do this! I am also looking for motivated, upbeat friends. Please add me
  • KrisBT
    KrisBT Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am not a new mom anymore, with a 5 and a 6 year old, but I never lost the extra weight. I am turning 30 this summer, and I feel like I spent most of my 20s as an overweight mom. I want to feel amazing on my 30th birthday in July. A year ago I was almost 40 lbs more than I'd like to be, and I did lose 12 lbs last year, mostly with MFP. I feel it creeping back though, and I will not let it! I have about. 30 lbs left to go. I love my husband, but he is not that supportive. He thinks I look great the way I am and tempts me regularly with eating out or having drinks on the weekend. I would love some extra support from other moms. I am relatively new in my town and have not made any other mom friends. Please feel free to add me if you're in need of support.

I'm on the same page as you, it's my 30th birthday this year and I want to look and feel good before I turn 30. I have that stubborn 20lbs to lose from having two boys! WE GOT THIS! ;)