Lost 5 pounds?

Options
My scale, which is an analog scale, says that I am around 185 pounds, yet I started at 190 only 4 days ago?

Not sure if it could be water weight because I don't drink any more water than I did before. I don't do cardio, I only lift weights. My calorie levels have been right at the "lose 1.5 pounds a week" scale, or even over that. So how could I have lost 5 pounds? Is my scale faulty?

Replies

• Jakefoster521
    Jakefoster521 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing yourself at the same time each day? Even if you don't consume more water than before, your body could be getting rid of excess water that it was retaining.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Maybe the day you weighed in at 190 lbs, you had some water retention and 185 is your true weight?
  • itsjosiebitch
    itsjosiebitch Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You're eating less food and therefore are carrying less food weight?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Initial water loss.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    My scale, which is an analog scale, says that I am around 185 pounds, yet I started at 190 only 4 days ago?

Not sure if it could be water weight because I don't drink any more water than I did before. I don't do cardio, I only lift weights. My calorie levels have been right at the "lose 1.5 pounds a week" scale, or even over that. So how could I have lost 5 pounds? Is my scale faulty?

Don't get hung up on day to day weigh-in results. Just look for a trend once you get enough data points. You're weight is going to fluctuate up and down a few/couple of pounds every day.

That being said big losses are common in the first week due to less water retention.