Low Carb Diet!!!

Options
I am having a low carb diet at the moment!!! Want to de-bloat!!! I generally eat too much bread and potatoes!!! Has low carbs worked for anyone else???

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Rawlybabe wrote: »
    I am having a low carb diet at the moment!!! Want to de-bloat!!! I generally eat too much bread and potatoes!!! Has low carbs worked for anyone else???

for sure, -42 lbs in 6 months in 2010. Still off.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Have at it...but realize that it's certainly not necessary.

40 Lbs down and still down going on 2 years just eating a balanced and overall very nutritious diet.
  • Rawlybabe
    Rawlybabe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WOW 40lbs that's GREAT!!! XXX
  • orlandodenise
    orlandodenise Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I hate most carbs - they bloat me and make me hungry after I have eaten them ! Low carb low fat ( as I dont like fats ) all the way for me :) ( 112 down )
  • Rawlybabe
    Rawlybabe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    42 and maintained!!! Hope I can do that!!! XXX
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    251 down.
  • brettmashburn
    Options
    I lost 42 pounds and have stayed down for just over 2 years I stopped drinking soft drinks.now i only drink water and v8 and watch my calories if u use this app a lot it find ur self looking at everything u buy for calories and nutrition like I do and weigh urself every day that keeps u on track and take one day a week (cheat day) where u can eat like u wanna just not over do it .
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Do a search - there are lots of LC threads going on right now and you might find a lot of information. :)

Personally, LC only worked for me when I also restricted my calories. Since that was the case and since I missed carbs, I dropped LC (eventually - tried many times) and now I just control my calories without it. Same amount of calories, basically. IOW, I wasn't able to eat more calories while LCing and still lose weight or anything like that.

It did make my bloating go down almost immediately (usually on the third day), but interestingly, I find that eating at a calorie deficit even with the higher carbs, my bloating is way down. It took longer for it to happen, but it has definitely happened.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I maintained on LC for about 13 years, gained for 2 due to other circumstances getting more attention than tracking and weighing portions, and am since down 40 again since around Thanksgiving on strict keto and a deficit.
  • jordanify
    jordanify Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Everybody is different. Generally I feel more energy and less cravings staying below 50 gr per day. And it's mostly from veggies and fruit.
  • betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I started a low carb, high protein diet in January, and lost about 13 inches around my waist within 3 weeks.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Of course it has worked for many people. I have lost 93 lbs. eating low carb, high fat, moderate protein.