Best workouts to do at home?

Options
I have 2 kids and a dog, so going to the gym is pretty much out of the question. So what workouts at home do you guys do? Anything helps!

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    If ot interests you, I am getting very good results with the You Are Your Own Gym app. It is a low priced app, well worth it.
  • OrchidAhra
    Options
    Personally I hit youtube and search for whatever I feel like doing. I also like blogilates because the workouts are short although you may be sore after.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    YouTube. I enjoy:

Yoga with Adriene
    Sean Vigue
    Blogilates
    Jessica Smith
    Billy Blanks
    Jillian Michaels
    Be Fit
    Fitness Blender

But you can find all sorts of stuff, so explore and look for things you think would be fun.
  • trivard676
    trivard676 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It sounds silly, but if you can afford it (or already have one) get a Wii Fit. The exercises aren't incredibly intense (although you can make them a little tougher) but I've found that the tracker inside and the long-term goal-setting and monitoring are actually pretty helpful.

That being said, there are a lot of resources about the 7 minute workout, which is nice if you're really strapped for time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxYJcnvyMw
  • dragthewaters
    dragthewaters Posts: 62 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lifting weights can be easily done at home and there are many exercises you can do with them.

Another thing that can easily be done is core conditioning exercises. Lunges, explosive lunges, high knees, prisoner jumps. Pushups and crunches if you're into that sort of thing.

As for workout videos there are a ton on Youtube. I've only tried tae bo which I like a lot (because my fiance recommended it) but there are tons of other ones too.

Personally I do a short 15-minute workout a few times a week: bicep curls, overhead press, and tricep extensions with 10-pound weights, and walking lunges as well. I do tae bo whenever the mood strikes. But I'm not really serious about working out.
  • jakichan
    jakichan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Core workouts. Planks, crunches, etc. There's this "rotisserie" workout where you do a front plank, then a side plank, then crunches, then the other side plank, and then back to a front plank. It kills me.
  • dacapero
    dacapero Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like beachbody workouts right now I am doing p90x 30...I just finished insanity max..I like that there is a schedule that you make part of your routine and you just follow what they do as best as you can until you can work your way up..I have also done t25, PIYO, insanity and 21 day fix..t25 and insanity max have been my favorites
  • breathefire
    breathefire Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have an account on fitness blender where I plan my workouts for the month ahead of time. They have a lot of free videos to chose from, I recommend them.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Unless you're on a budget which wasn't mentioned; buy a power/squat rack. Get all your compound moments in.
  • NightShiftMedic
    NightShiftMedic Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Unless you're on a budget which wasn't mentioned; buy a power/squat rack. Get all your compound moments in.

This is a great idea if you have the money and the space. I bought a kettlebell and a jump rope. Combine those with a good pair of running shoes and there's not much you can't do. Use your imagination!
  • wils5150
    wils5150 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i bought a cheap adjustable bench and powerbock dumbbells. I can get everything done at home and in a small space,
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    YouTube: JessicaSmithTV and Fitness Blender are my favorites.

I really like workouts from the Fitness Nerd website, too.

Treadmill and free weights... getting a bench this weekend, too. If you plan to do any kind of lengthy walking/running, invest in a good pair of shoes.

FYI, I'd categorize my activity ability as Beginner, but these websites have workouts for all activity levels.
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My favorite dvd are
    The firm u need a step and weights but definitely lose inches fast
    Leslie sansone 4 mile walk
  • charmaineandres615
    charmaineandres615 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love dancing... So i use it often as a form of exercise! I like sweating alot... Si i think it would help
  • tag624
    tag624 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Beachbody workouts! That's how I have lost weight, I have a bunch of them! Go to my site if you would like to know anymore about them
    beachbodycoach.com/sourpatchgetsfit
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    YouTube or their websites:
    Tone It Up
    HasFit
    Blogilates
    Fitness Blender
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Free internet videos will help you find something you like. That will help you workout more consistently.

After you figure some things out.....you might look into sites that sell "just" workout DVDs. These sites give you tons of information and video clips. Jessica Smith TV (mentioned above) is great. She's got DVDs too.

www.collagevideo.com
    www.totalfitnessdvds.com
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    www.fitnessblender.com or go to youtube and look for BLOGILATES and do the playlist from there. Also BEFIT CHANNEL is very good on youtube, with BEFIT EXTREME30, or 90 that incorporates circuit training with cardio and strength training.
  • michiix
    michiix Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, everybody! I actually used a lot of the suggestions of videos the past couple days. They've been really helpful! I appreciate it.
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Jillian michaels 30 day shred, 90 day body revolution, trouble zones. Shawn t insanity ! Actually insane lol I lost a lot with the last one