Any suggestions for those of us who have an injury..ie Knee and cant exercise...its slowing down wei

Options
just finished HCG x 3 weeks and it really broke my constant cravings for bread and sweets. Actullay about 900 to 1000cal seems like alot to me.I can not swim or do exercise because of my knee.Trying light weights but this is very slow weight loss.Also age has slowed it down.My BIG motivation to get my BMI to 25 is this bad knee.Losing the weight will help the pain and if I need surgery I want to go in smaller.Would love to hear from the older active crowd who have ideas on when you cant exercise.I usually, kayak paddleboard, walk hike and play with gran boys.Love to hear from you B)

Replies

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    When I messed up my shin while living in a developing country (infection) and was ordered to not even walk until it healed, I did moves while sitting. Look at Sit and be Fit.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    What does your surgeon/physician think about bike (stationary, prolly)?
    I had some knee work years ago that has aged and needs repair - My doc is cool with stationary bike, some swimming, and waist-up isolated work, basically, it's all about low/no impact to the affected joint.

Your doc will know your situation best.
  • kermie765
    kermie765 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had a double total knee replacement about 5 years ago. When I found out how limited my excersise was going to be I got really depressed and frustrated. I quit the gym, the trainers didn't know what to do with me. I pretty much quit all together. This last week though I started walking. I bought a fitbit, found some friends, and joined their challenges. I'm very competitive and the challenges have been extremely motivating.
  • jakichan
    jakichan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of exercises you can do, you just need to be creative. Hand bikes, etc.
  • egiggy73
    egiggy73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I gained 80 lbs after a knee injury. Now I'm 15 down with hcg. I can walk bike and do pilates on my knee (had it cleaned out with arthrocsopy). Hoping they can inject cartlage. Where it is missing, but they wont consider it at my current bmi. Hcg is drastic, but the only thing that has worked after a year of eating 1200 to 1500 cal.