Jawbone or Fitbit

Options
What is your experiences & recommendations as to using Jawbone or Fitbit!

Replies

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    What I like about Fitbit is the readouts directly on the device. Started with the One to track whether I was hitting the 10000 step goal, and liked that it also showed time, calories and sleep time. The Charge HR was my birthday gift, especially requested by me because I discovered my heartbeat elevates more walking briskly uphill than perhaps it should. I've really liked both devices, and my husband likes his One. Hopefully someone will let you know their experience with the jawbone.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Charge HR because I can see my progress directly on the device. I had a Jawbone before and it was nice (and I actually prefer the Jawbone app), but after I had issues with 2 Jawbones in under a year I decided to switch to a Fitbit.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Did the Jawbone and it broke after 1 month! They wouldn't send me a new one because I couldn't find the receipt. Then I did some reading and I found the FitBit is a lot more durable than the Jawbone... If I could do it all over again, I would have gone with the FitBIt.
  • taylorvanhooren
    taylorvanhooren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    absolutely love my Fitbit!
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've been having a lot of fun with my fitbit charge hr. The only problem I have sometimes is syncing data to my phone but fitbit came out out this week with an update for android so it's been a lot better with the update!
  • hedgehog002
    hedgehog002 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you Bertie44 for posting this question as I too have been wondering. It seems as though a lot of people enjoy the fitbit. My o ly question is out of the jawbone and fitbit, which records more accurately? I have a friend that has the fitbit and any time he moves his arm it shows he's taking steps.
  • hayls321go
    hayls321go Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ive recently bought the fitbit charge hr and love it!
    any tracker will register steps4 from repetitive arm movement. but i have set mine as though i wear it on my dominant hand and its pretty accurate now.
    love the workout function so i can see how many cals.i burn and what heart rate zone im in at the gym on certain equipment. amd the hr accuracy is pretty good compared to the gym equipments hr.
  • Bertie44
    Bertie44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments. I think I will go with the Fitbit! I'll post my experience with it after I've used it for a while.
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've been having this internal struggle for 6 months. As of now, Fitbit Charge (with or without HR) is best option. I would go with Jawbone UP3, but that was supposed to be shipped in December and is now postponed until April. Huge disappointment. The biggest thing for me was durability in water. Not that I swim a lot or need to take showers with it, but from what I've heard, fitbit Charge have not done well around water (just my friends' experience), which Jawbones UP3 is supposedly meant for swimming - which is nice for those that spend a lot of time doing house/yard work that may require more submersion than just "splashing". But since you want something now, I'd say fitbit, by far compared to anything else. Especially if you're not going for a futuristic plastic/steel look, want some comfort, and want a more discreet tracker compared to the more "smart" models with all the bells and whistles (which are nice, but are hard to conceal and catch and scratch more easily)
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit Charge HR and love it. Can see at a glance my heart rate and calories. It is comfortable and updates constantly
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex & a Jawbone UP24. (I'm a data nerd.) I love the UP app, but Jawbone's customer service is awful. My band broke last month, and I'm still waiting for a replacement.
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I had the FitBit One and upgraded to the Charge HR in January (my mom pre-ordered it for me for Christmas) and I love both devices! I didn't know if I'd be comfortable with a device on my write but the Charge HR is super lightweight and comfortable. I will say that my Charge HR started acting up and wasn't counting floors. When I contacted tech support they had me do so,e trouble shooting but when the issue persisted they sent me a new device immediately. I received it 2 days after they promised they send me a new one (: