Feeling discouraged

Options
2»

Replies

• mclauchlin406
    mclauchlin406 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I lost about 25 pounds a year and a half ago then fell off the wagon. Monday I decided.. Today is the day to get in control of my health.. Again. I'm only on day 4 and I find myself thinking the same things but I keep remembering back to when I lost that 25 pounds. It's so easy to feel discouraged and tired but when you look in the mirror and see less bumps it becomes kind of like an addiction. The next day you'll look in the mirror and look for the next accomplishment. Keep up the hard work. You're not alone.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Patience is definitely a biggie. It took me 4mths to lose 24lbs and it's going to take me a further 4mths to lose the remaining 8lbs. I just have to grit my teeth and know I'm in this for the long haul. In the end our patience will be rewarded :D xx
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Eating "clean" means nothing in terms of your weight loss.

Nothing.

Eating at a Caloric Deficit means everything.

Everything.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Three words, weigh your food. Boom, done :-)
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    put everything you eat in your food diary to the best of your ability. you may be eating clean but still over your calorie goal.

Good luck
  • TarriMcD
    TarriMcD Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to report I have lost 5 lbs since I started this journey! Thanks for all the encouragement :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Awesomness!! You go girl :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well done on the success so far! I'm 75% of the way to my goal and doing better than ever. Yet I still get those thoughts, despite doing well -They are just thoughts. They are not reality no matter how real they feel. The mind game is a big part of making success sustainable. So, somewhere along your journey it may be helpful to try some CBT, ACT or DBT skills. A therapist or coach may help, but self-help goes a long way too.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    psych101 wrote: »
    Its only been a week.

Just hang on in there - make sure you're logging your food and shaking your booty and you'll be fine

This∆. Also, i started at 40. Its never too late. Hang in there baby!