Why is the weight summary at the bottom of my daily food page always the same???

Options
MHKKAK
MHKKAK Posts: 13 Member
Hi everyone. I was wondering why, each day, I eat around or less my target calories, etc., and the summary at the bottom of the page, always says that I will be X lbs at the end of 5 weeks? And X is remaining constant. I've been at this for over 3 weeks, and I would expect that number to go down as the days pass. This summary weight of X implies that I am not losing anything, and that 3 weeks ago, if I followed my calorie etc. limits, I'd be X lbs in 2 more weeks. However, now, 3 weeks later, it still says that I will be X lbs in 5 weeks. That's 7 weeks from when I started, and I would have expected for it to go down. What gives? Am I doing something wrong, or am I misinterpreting the weight summary?

I'm ready to give up on this MFP again since that is NOT motivating at all.

thx
MHKKAK

Replies

• DrPepper000
    DrPepper000 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Are you entering your weight each day? If the starting weight is always the same, the weight after 5 weeks will be the same.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's my question, have you 'checked in' with updates on your weight loss?

It's a stupid feature, IMHO. If it bothers you, just don't hit the 'complete' button. Your diary entries won't disappear. Are you really going to let some stupid algorithm make you quit? If you know you're losing weight, what does it matter?
  • MHKKAK
    Options
    aaaaaahhhh!!!!! Is that it??!!! Nope. Only weigh myself once a week & don't update on mfp! OMG I'll try that.

th!!!!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    MHKKAK wrote: »
    aaaaaahhhh!!!!! Is that it??!!! Nope. Only weigh myself once a week & don't update on mfp! OMG I'll try that.

th!!!!

There ya go ;). Weighing once a week is fine, btw, no need to weigh every day (your weight fluctuates a hell of a lot from day to day, and it's the trend you're looking for. a lot of people just get discouraged if they weigh each day and see the scales bouncing all over the place, or not moving).
  • MHKKAK
    Options
    You're right Nony_Mouse. It was just a bit frustrating. MFP really works. Today I learned that a mere 4 slices of bacon is 400 calories!!!!!! I nibbled on it & killed my day! lesson learned!
    than you!
  • MHKKAK
    Options
    I thought we weren't supposed to weigh in each day. Thx Dr. Pepper!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    MHKKAK wrote: »
    I thought we weren't supposed to weigh in each day. Thx Dr. Pepper!

Some people do, as I said it's really up to you. I do, but I only 'check in' with MFP once a week. The daily fluctuations can be mildly entertaining :p. Usually they're attributable to fluctuations in water, so they're pretty meaningless, but it can be really off putting if you've been working hard and the scales go up. I would stick with once a week if I were you :)
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey.....you do something interesting with your busy lifestyle. Add some fun and physical activities that help you to burn your fat.