Little upset with myself.

Options
For the first time since starting I over ate on my calories by 799. I'm a little ashamed and embarrassed by this, and frustrated because I can't work it off with exercise (I currently have a leg injury that's inhibiting my mobility for a bit). What do you guys do when you go over? How do you get over the frustration with yourself?

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I remember that it's one day. I pick myself up, dust myself off, and resolve to plan better the next day.

No one is perfect in this. The key to losing weight is having more days on target than days that you go over. You've got this.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I went over by 1000 calories on Saturday. I'm not frustrated.

Because this.
    I remember that it's one day. I pick myself up, dust myself off, and resolve to plan better the next day.

No one is perfect in this. The key to losing weight is having more days on target than days that you go over. You've got this.

• sweetpineapple
    sweetpineapple Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I get back on track the following meal. I also drink lots of water and try for a walk if there is time left in the day.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on.
  • irejuvenateme
    irejuvenateme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I hope you enjoyed the calories! To many of us life is not about never going over, it's about picking our spots and enjoying those times. You will regroup tomorrow - it's what happens next that matters.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey for what it's worth, I went over by 2000 yesterday!
    The best plan is to let it go, honestly!
    In the long run, it isn't going to affect your overall progress other than eating at a deficit for a small time longer (1.5 days based on a 500kcal a day deficit).

Wishing you all the best!

Adam
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    you won't notice much of a difference for one day going over. Just move on.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I do not get frustrated, but I log it and remember about it, so I do not do it again (for a while ;) )
    Relax, let it go, and move on.
  • kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    This is what I tell myself when I have slip-ups.

The bad news: You fell off the wagon.
    The good news: Another wagon leaves tomorrow; be on it.
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Bad days make me appreciate the good ones more... Plus once in a while it's not going to kill you, but feeling embarrased could ruin the whole process...Tomorrow will be better!
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Indeed..its one day. I accept that I am human, and not setting myself for failure by expecting to be perfect. some days I go over, some days I go over..sometimes by a little bit, sometimes by a lot of bit.

I strive to hit my daily goal, but keep my eye on the bigger picture...
  • procyonlupus
    procyonlupus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, your comments really helped me feel a bit better.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I ave probably gone over my calories on more days than you have been on this site. It happens and will happen again. If it becomes a daily occurrence, then it may be time to re-evaluate things. Good luck.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^This. QFT
  • trish56832
    trish56832 Posts: 43 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    1x3gx749zlt7.jpg
    Uhm I had a really tough day. Dinner at a brazillian steakhouse I had to guess on calories thus the psychotic dinner entry: note the overage!! Feeling down. Failure.. Frustrated. Disappointed. So I came to the community and here I find your thread.... Instant therapy =) today will soon be tomorrow and the slate is clean.