Need some motivation!! Pick me up!!

Options
I am beginning to lose motivation. Really need some help! I've had a lot of success last year and lost some unwanted weight and toned up a bit.
I lost some motivation and started to eat all those delicious foods again and put back on a few lbs.
I am still very active in sports but find it very difficult to get those few lbs off.
I started eating better again in January, while increasing excersize/net calorie deficit. However this time around, weight is not dropping! And I know that weight is just a number and not neccisarily progress; but it is beginning to demotivate me from lack of result.
Need some good motivators out there to get me through the hump!

Replies

• GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

tumblr_lmekb67bLr1qahrnbo1_400.gif
  • Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We have all been there!!
  • jmothershead127
    jmothershead127 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ah I feel the same!! Weight is a number but that number is what keeps me motivated. I weigh myself every day or every other day. It keeps me from saying screw it and engaging in all those delicious unhealthy foods
  • tpartee3
    tpartee3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been there! I learned that our bodies may be inflamed even if we are doing all the right things. I started drinking this Iaso tea and I totally lost the weight in 4 days I was already down 4 pounds effortlessly! It's a start. Also motivation is just like church. When you lose the Umph to go. Start reading about other people's success stories or testimonies. Sometimes hearing about someone else's success jumpstarts your brain to get back in the game!
  • drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm right where you are. Did great for a while, lost almost 30lbs, then got lazy. I have gained about 5lbs back. Eating better, but weight is staying up. Not as easy this time. Scary to gain the weight back.
    Feel free to add me if you would like some extra motivation!
  • mountain01
    mountain01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm there now.... Been busting my *kitten* with very little results. Been eating healthy and in the gym for awhile now. Wth is going on right?
  • kjablinskey
    kjablinskey Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My weight loss was in staggered steps, not linear. The first 10-15 came off easy, then I plateaued and the second 10-15 came off harder and slower, then the last 10-15 were a little easier but not as quick as the first.

That's where I was last March, in July I put ten back on over a few weeks of vacation and summer barbecues and getting THAT back off was very difficult.

But I did it and have been maintaining a steady 155 ever since. I've found I can have Sunday's free and even add a Saturday to that once in a while and it's okay.

One of the biggest mental things I've found that helped me was permission to fail, or not feeling it's an all or nothing proposition. You're going to have bad days, weeks, maybe even months. But you just get back on the horse, not not next week or next month (you can start ANY day, not just on Mondays or the beginning of a month).

It sounds obvious and simple but it's one of the hardest things out there. It's okay if you fail, just get back at it and don't beat yourself up over it. What's done is done, or if you're a Kung Fu Panda fan...

"The past is gone, the future is not yet written, that's why today is called the present."

Or something like that.