Too much protein?

Options
When looking at the daily protein goals, mine says 60g. I regularly eat 80g. Is it a problem to eat too much protein? Or should I not even be worried about something like this. FTR, I stay under calories daily.

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Too much protein is an issue if you have kidney problems. MFP's protein goal is kinda low, many people view it and fat as minimums.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Too much protein is an issue if you have kidney problems. MFP's protein goal is kinda low, many people view it and fat as minimums.
    ^This -usually its .8 - 1 gram per pound of body weight.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    When I'm really focused on muscle gains, I consume around 150-200 grams of protein. On just a 'normal' workout schedule, I still get over 100 routinely. I get regular check ups and bloodwork, and have been living like this for years. I'm healthier now than I was at 16.
  • jahuntley27
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    ^This -usually its .8 - 1 gram per pound of body weight.

Agreed and would increase it to 1-1.5g/ lb of lean body mass.
  • wildcowbell
    wildcowbell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great, this info is very helpful. :D
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Eat ALL the protein!
  • tmorm
    tmorm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    yay, thanks for asking this question. Even more thanks to the people that gave the answers! Came in this forum just now to search for this specific question... bam! done! :)
  • vallecarlav
    Options
    I want to go on the anabolic diet...