Lack of Protein

Options
my protein percentages have been really low lately and I know is meat and cheese and stuff but I can't ALWAYS have them so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for some little snacks I could eat to keep the levels up?

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, almonds, protein bars, protein shakes, peanut butter, tuna
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Lentils, beans, chickpeas, tofu, nuts, seeds, peanut butter, soy milk, wholewheat bread/pasta
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't always eat meat and cheese, and I hit my protein goal every day. What is your goal set to, and why?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and hit my protein goal daily. You could add nuts, seeds, nut butters, eggs, beans. What situations are causing you to fall short of your goal?
  • chokeslam512
    chokeslam512 Posts: 78 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you're hitting you calorie goal before your protein goal you may be eating too much of something. Cheese has protein but it also has a lot of fat and at 9 calories/gram you may be maxing out on fat, thus calories, before protein.
  • languagelulu
    languagelulu Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This book may be helpful :) It is incidentally free now. I used it and it helped me a ton!! http://www.amazon.com/What-Personal-Trainer-About-Supplements-ebook/dp/B00MCY5YBM/