TWO LBS A WEEK

Options
Is it possible to lose two pounds a week for an extended period of time and keep it off, or is this too much of a loss?

I would REALLY love to lose 2lbs a week for the next 9weeks and get down to about 10.5 stone.
It seems so unrealistic though.

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'd say given your currently height and weight and where you want to be, 2 lbs a week won't happen. You might be able to lose at that rate for a few weeks but it will taper off the closer you get to your goal. i was losing 1-2 lbs a week for a while and then once I got within 15 lbs it slowed quite a bit.

Your best bet is to continue to work out regularly, drink lots of water, and eat healthy and within your calories and you'll see the best results. Don't do anything drastic because it might work for a week and then you'll get stuck.
  • laurenlei
    laurenlei Posts: 96
    Options
    I would say for someone your height, thats too much. Im also 5'3 and have lost just over a stone since the end of January - something like lb a week it worked out. However, the first 6-8weeks i didnt really have a loss, then the weight just dropped off!

Sometimes i lost 2lbs a week, others none, but i dont think you should aim for 2lbs a week (i never have!), 1 lb is enough, especially if you want to keep the weight off!
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    At your weight, no. Not in a healthy way. Just keep plugging away (the healthy way) and your results will come with it. It may take more time than you want it to, but in the end it will happen. :)
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your eating habits/exercise habits are, but you might try the Extreme Fat Smash diet. It is a book, but you could google it to find out more. It is healthy, but you can lose up to 4 lbs a week. You eat a lot of fruits and veggies and brown rice. I really like the diet plan. I am no where close to my goal, and I follow it loosely and lose 3 lbs a week. Anyway, it is something to check out.
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    I agree with everyone else... I am your height and on average I lose 08. to 1 lb per week. It's frustratingly slow, but to make it be faster you'll have to incur in less than 1200 net calories a day and we know that's not recommended. I did lose some weight that way two years ago and gained it all back... So I'm happy to be doing this the slow but sustainable way :)
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    It's possible. However I'd say it's only likely if you have your legs bitten off by a lion.

Weight lost quickly tends to return quickly, and you don't seem to have enough sedentary weight to pull of the "I'm moving and therefor losing" for too long.

keep a steady weight loss going, it may take twice as long but can last a lifetime.
  • KKOLB1
    KKOLB1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You might lose that initially for a few weeks but after a while it'll stop, you'll hit a plateau or start losing less each week. unfortunately it doesn't continue like that for long.
  • Sesilje
    Sesilje Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Two full pounds per week might be a bit much, but something close to that shouldn't be impossible.

I have lost 16.5 lbs in 10.5 weeks without making much effort at all. Since I started this weight loss project I have only gone one or two days without eating something sweet. I started out at 153 lbs and I'm 5'5.

My tips are to eat a lot of home cooked food, weigh and log absolutely everything, do some form of exercise daily (I bike as a means of transportation), exercise portion control, and make sure you eat enough so you don't go into starvation mode.
    My diary is public if you wanna check it out (since I'm Swedish there's gonna be some stuff you don't understand).

Good luck! :-)