New, miserable, 40, mom

Options
I am new here, had a few setbacks in life, unable to work, seizures uncontrolled, other issues w my health and single :( . Packing on the pounds, depressed, unmotivated, need a accountability partner??? I am home every day, have to start modified Atkins per my doc.

Replies

• Razzyjack
    Razzyjack Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'd be more than happy to help u shed the pounds....I can 'yell' at you, gently motivate you and remind u why you are doing this.
    I am 37, married with two kids. The youngest is 14 mnths old and I am trying to lose the weight he gave me when I was pregnant.
    I had weightloss surgery and lost 40 kilos over 8 months and it is a struggle to not pile all of it back on.
    We can help each other. :)
  • nazashi
    nazashi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 with 3 kids. I know how unnerving life can be..hang in there
  • drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. Having health issues can certainly change how active we are and depression makes it all worse. Feel free to add me, I can certainly be there to help.
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 too with three kiddos, cancer survivor, bad knees, etc... You CAN DO THIS! Friend me if you like. I'm in it for the long haul.
  • nicfitnesszone
    nicfitnesszone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • beckyml1980
    beckyml1980 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I an a mom of 2, work full time and go to school. Married. I am here daily, I have a small friends list that consists only of women (only accept women as friends) so I am able to offer support and encouragement to all. Friend me if you like :)
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want. mid 40's here and struggling too
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Hello Jody,

Life can throw us curves and sometimes it feels overwhelming and even if our only victory we see for days/weeks or even months on end is that we keep on fighting; then we are winners. Even though it may feel like it’s too much, there will never be a time that we are dealt more than we can handle; you are stronger than you know. However, we should never try to go it alone, we all need strength that sometimes we run short of and as the incomparable Bill Withers sang, “We all need somebody to lean on”.

I too have had a few curves thrown at me by life but I have weathered what I hope to be the worst of it. If you would like to read my profile and see what I have had to deal with most recently (under 10 years back) please feel free to do so.

Feel free to add me I am a self-motivator but I too sometimes need an extra push and I love to help others.

I wish you the best.

V/r,
    DW.