chinese food buffet

Options
I am unfortunately/fortunately going out to lunch at a chinese food buffet on thursday. Any ideas as to how I can limit my calorie intake? Does anyone know what the best thing to eat at the buffet is? Thank you!

Replies

• kristineh86
    Options
    I am unfortunately/fortunately going out to lunch at a chinese food buffet on thursday. Any ideas as to how I can limit my calorie intake? Does anyone know what the best thing to eat at the buffet is? Thank you!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    It's a trap, Run!!!!!!
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Veggies and stay away from FRIED. That should help a ton. Hopefully others have good tips for you...that trip would be danger for me.

Oh...I do go to PHO (soup) sometimes and found that a bowl of chicken pho is not bad on calories. I'm sure the sodium is HORRIBLE, but eh...can't have it all sometimes. Maybe they have some soup options at the buffet.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Just make it a cheat day and go on from there.:bigsmile:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    They usually have many veggies to choose from.
    Stay away from anything that has thick sauces.
    Go for anything that's STEAMED.
    :)
    You'll be fine :)
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: i love yang food buffets :heart: :heart:
  • lmichele22
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I was just going to post this before the weekend, My parents invited me for Lunch/ Dinner on Sunday for a Chinese Buffett aswell, I am so going for soups, and some fresh fruits and salads, :noway: Stay away from the Fried Rice I hear it has many cals. I prefer white rice, Especially Steamed White Rice, I heard it's only 80 cals for a 1/2 cup !! I love fresh sea food sometimes they have these fresh boiled shrimps you just have to pill them, but that's something I like ! Good luck to your lunch and if you cheat a little, just make it your Cheating or a Splurg day, I have one a week ! :drinker: Drink lots of water with your meal, and ask for Hot Tea if you like Green Tea, It's so good for your body, soul !!!! :drinker: :drinker:

96972.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

xoxo Michelle xoxo
  • saralaisblueeyes
    Options
    the awnser to this depends on what type of diet you are on. low carb, low cal ect. I would save your free day for christmas!! on a low cal go with the unfried seefood coctail shrimp, clams, crablegs, muscles,fresh fruit, salmon,even the broccoli beef would be a good choice. stay away from that DELICIOUS:love: crab ragoon mmm and the noodles are verry hi call also, you can still eat well just eat smart... good luck