So I absolutely need to get my belly flat over the weekend. HOW?

Options
I'm a college student, and I have no job. I mean.. I do. I have several 3-7 days jobs promoting stuff. I'm one of those girls that you see in supermarkets or on the street promoting beverages, giving food samples, hosting product booths in events, etc. I get paid right after, it doesn't mess with my studies, and it's kinda cool.

However, one of my agencies call me today and offered a job promoting a beverage. On TV. Which is awesome. They then asked me to take a bikini to the casting. Which is not awesome at all. I have rad promoting skills, I am very good with people and I do have a pretty face (which help me on my jobs) but my belly is definitely NOT TV material. The agency has pictures of me, of course, but I'm covered on them. They can see I'm not a small girl, but I'm not sure what they are expecting. Summer's coming and most beverages have commercials with pool parties with thin, nice models. That's what I'm expecting.

Under normal circumstances I'd refuse the job, but the client is very important, I'd make a ridiculous amount of money compared to most of my jobs (here TV pays very well) and I really need it.

So I'll bite the bullet and go to the casting. Although I'm not losing any weight over the weekend, I can try to have a even, smoother belly, and I guess that would be acceptable. I call out for any tip. I mean every tip, I'd do a 15 minute headstand if you guys assured me it would my belly look nicer. Any opinions, pretty please??

TL;DR: Bold.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Not gonna happen. I think Kim Kardashian achieved it by taking diuretics, drinking lots of water, and temporarily losing a bunch of water weight. It's so unhealthy, I don't even want to talk about it. I'm already sorry I did. You don't want to faint during the audition.

I've had my eye on this:
    400TECB-48BECB.jpg

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    If I had the answer to that question I wouldn't be messing around on MFP, I'd be out rolling around in my piles of money.

Congratulations on the job! Yes, get a higher-waisted bikini and be confident in it.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Not going to happen, sorry.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the Master Peep Cleanse?
  • ButBurgersAreDelicious
    Options
    I'd say, get a bikini that you feel comfortable in. Or maybe do a bikini, and one of those super classy sheer black things that go over, so they see some, but not all, and you'll feel more comfortable.

Don't punish yourself for money. It's a slippery slope and the money isn't worth the turmoil of dehydrating yourself.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Definitely find a bikini that flatters you most and fits you well. Other than that, suck it in and practise poses in front of the mirror so you know exactly how to hold yourself and what angles look best. Some people say that eating fewer carbs reduces their bloating, you could see if that makes any difference for you (wouldn't recommend it as a long-term thing for weight loss, but since other people have said it affects bloating, could be something to consider).

If you're really desperate you could try body wraps, some people say they work for a temporarily improved look. I don't like to recommend something I've never tried myself that has a reputation of not working, but if you have the money to try them out, it's something you could consider.
  • lisa_kt
    lisa_kt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Down a bottle and a half of red wine, wake up dehydrated, throw up a little, you're golden!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    You can do what boxers do to make weight - get into a sweat suit and lose a LOT of water weight riding a bike and going in/out of saunas. It's temporary, and they're under medical supervision, but technically it's doable.

Short of that....there isn't anything.

There is the possibility the client knows what they're doing and don't expect T'Pol to show up....?
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    just suck it in.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't matter if your belly was flat if your acting was subpar. They don't shoot at auditions, they look for people who may be able to promote their product. They would rather have a spokes person, not a just an eye candy piece.
    Best commercials have spokespeople that people can identify with. Look at Flo for Progressive Insurance. Or Papa John's.
    Leave an impact impression. Pretty faces and bodies are a dime a dozen when they look for fill ins.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Not gonna happen. I think Kim Kardashian achieved it by taking diuretics, drinking lots of water, and temporarily losing a bunch of water weight. It's so unhealthy, I don't even want to talk about it. I'm already sorry I did. You don't want to faint during the audition.

Why is losing water weight unhealthy? I don't know anything about KK, so perhaps she was taking too many, but losing water weight would not necessarily be unhealthy or make one faint.

It would likely flatten your tummy some though.
  • datbelly
    datbelly Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey guys! Thanks for the answers! I actually though I expressed myself wrong!
    I know there's no way my tummy is getting smaller. I was wondering if I could get it smoother. My tummy has some bumps, I'd just like to have it smooth. Still big but smooth. Maybe like a massage or something to even it out.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Duck tape....lol. Fixes everything!! Kidding only.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Make up? A good foundation might make it less noticeable!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    um.... it IS the weekend.... here's what you do... stand up straight and tall. Good posture works wonders! Good luck!!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Spray tan?
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    This isn't real. Nope. No way
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't think you can get rid of that quickly. But, it can be airbrushed out for TV. They do it all the time. Just keep your confidence up and nail your audition! Best of luck.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Monokini? Pinup inspired suit? Seriously. Just cover up whatever you are worried about with a suit that is flattering.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Down a bottle and a half of red wine, wake up dehydrated, throw up a little, you're golden!

hahaha! this is what i was thinking too...