HELP: it's only 3 PM, and ate most of calories!

Options
What do you do when it is only 3 PM and you've eaten all but 200+ calories for the day? I already exercised, too! *ugh*

(work going-away party for CEO... in case anyone needed to hear my excuse/rationalizations...):noway:

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You've got a few options.

Bag the day and start fresh in the morning.
    Eat nutrient dense foods for dinner to keep the calories really low. You may go over a little, but that won't hurt much.
    Don't eat more than 200 calories for the rest of the day.

Personally, I would bag the day and try to learn my lesson and not do it again. Good luck with your decision.
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I would consider getting in an extra workout and having a healthy dinner.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Exercise and earn some more is what I would 3pm is to early to live on 200 calories alone!
  • KKOLB1
    KKOLB1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Do a big salad w/low fat dressing or a smoothie. My smoothies for about 10 oz. is 1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/3 cup strawberries, 1/3 cup blueberries & 2 tbsp lite cool whip. just over 210 calories. one of the big salads I do is under 300 calories. i do iceburg lettuce, spinich, broccli, cucumber, lite catalina dressing, croutons, 2 oz of turkey & a chopped up carrot stick or two. either choices are fulfilling & good for you.
  • wsu4147
    wsu4147 Posts: 2
    Options
    Eat Raw Veges for the rest of the day. That way even if you go over your calories you will be helping to push all the bad choices through your body ;-)
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Just have a giant salad with a can of tuna and salsa for dressing - or something like this that's full of veggies for dinner. You may not even be that hungry later. And if you go over some it's NOT the end of the world. We all work hard and deserve our occasional treats!
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    Eat a sensible, healthy dinner and just go over your calories for the day. It happens sometimes, but what is important is that you get back on track now. One day being over on calories is not going to break your week!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    DO NOT just give up on your day! Eat lower calorie foods, maybe keep it vegetarian for dinner tonight! If you can squeeze in an extra walk once you get home you can do that for an extra 100 calories to work with.

Days like this happen, and will always happen, especially if you are planning on making this a lifestyle change. Learn to work around it :)

Steamed veggies for lunch with a bit of salt and cayenne pepper would be good :)
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    walking a mile will get you another 100 calories.
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    work out!
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    Go dancing tonight -- and ask for a little umbrella in your water so people think it's a cocktail! :)
  • jen0105
    jen0105 Posts: 5
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day, I wouldn't sweat it. I would eat a very very healthy dinner. Maybe a small chicken breast but a ton of veggies so you don't get to hungry. You will probably go over but it is only one day. Also, maybe go for a walk after dinner, that will help. :)
  • Inittowinit11
    Options
    I'd definitely try and get another workout in to counteract the extra caloric intake. If you get that extra workout in you'll feel better by the end of the day. :) If not, tomorrow is a new beginning!

Also, I'd still eat good healthy meals, but watch out for foods with high calories since you've already eaten most of your daily goals -you don't want to over do it. Best wishes.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    8 ozs of grilled Tilapia comes in under 200 cals. If you pair that with some steamed veggies (lots of them) you'll be fine.

Even if you go over ~100 cals or so, no biggie. You will be fine.

This is a long road we are on, don't panic. :flowerforyou:
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Walking burns calories.... cleaning burns calories..you would be suprised how many cals you burn just doing laundry. I would do one of those. That way you dont starve yourself and end up late night snacking!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    It depends if I'm having a really hungry day I would just eat a sensible dinner and start over tomorrow. If it's become regular you may want to look over your caloric intake with exercise because it may need to be raised. Of course you can always earn through a double workout or just have a protein shake/veggies for dinner. It's possible! Many days I don't have even 200 calories left for dinner and have to earn it.
  • bluedee77
    bluedee77 Posts: 18
    Options
    Start dancing wherever you are even if its just 20 mins.it will make a difference
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I think it is important not to just "bag the day" after a few bad choices. Eat a good healthy sensible dinner, and don't worry about it. You might go over, but you're choosing to put healthy fuel in your body for dinner. Go take a walk after dinner, even a half hour will burn some calories. Most importantly, don't beat yourself up over it. You're already ahead of where you've been if you recognize that you made some poor food choices and want to remedy the situation! :flowerforyou:
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    nothing stopping you from exercising again this evening! Or make sure over the next few days, you eat a bit less of your daily allowance to make up the difference. I had the problem a few weeks ago when I dropped my calories to adjust for weight loss and ended up going for a power walk between my daughter's softball games. It also kept me away from the concession stand. :wink:
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options

This is a long road we are on, don't panic. :flowerforyou:

So true!! and not emphasized enough.