Trying to fit in my dream wedding dress - tips please!

Options
Hey everyone,

I am getting married next year and have found my dream dress already (I'm overly organized) but besides from sticking to my calorie deficit and doing regular Pilates and other activities, is there anything else I can do to ensure I meet my goal weight for my wedding?

I got a serious back injury which prevents me from doing anything to intense so I have jo-jo'd with my weight a lot over the years and never actually reached goal weight.

Also started this group to help other people stay motivated for their pre-wedding goals, we could definitely use more members! :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103762-brides-to-be

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    well it really is all about sticking to your calorie goal

read this if you have not already and make sure to follow it and log accurately:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide#latest

make sure you have realistic goals set up, a wedding is stressful enough without shooting for some impossible weight goal that you just cant reach

I was a bride last year and lost 25 lbs to fit into the dress I wanted, if you want support feel free to friend me
  • kp3868
    kp3868 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were engaged September of 2009 and we set our dat for 4/10/10 I found my dress in January purchased it with no alterations. It wouldn't zip about 5 inches. The girl said are you sure you want to do this??? I smiled and asked her for my bag to go! I told her I would Bring her photos when the wedding was over. I got in the gym on the stationary bike for about 30 mins a day, did light weights to to E up a little and watched my caloric intake. I was in the gum 3/4 days a week until mid march. I tried the dress on 2 days before the wedding.. IT FIT!! PERFECTLY.. so here's to the skinny snot that sold me the dress who wasn't so confident I could do it!! I did it!! I let the dress be my motivation!
  • kp3868
    kp3868 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Obviously I can't spell!! Lol.. this phone!! Urh

Light weights to tone up!!
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls, love the inspiration :-)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Yes just get smart, learn about what you are doing and then keep your focus.
    get the basics right such as logging and weighing your food. You cna do it by food deficit alone if you have to.
    Set short goal targets and make sure you reach them.

I would talk o your phsyio/ Dr and discuss with them the extent of your injury and what you can and cant do. In many situations exercise is considered important and helpful in treating any pain. You might want to consider gentle cycling, maybe even on the recumebnt which enables you to sit, simply walking or water aerobics/ swimming where the water can support your weight. I would set to reach target something like 75% of the available time left, which gives you wiggle room.