just started.. I was interested to see last weeks calories to this weeks.

Options
So I just started on Monday tracking my calories and trying to keep them under 2,200 calories. I need to loose probably close to 130lbs. So I've done pretty good this week with my intake of foods and haven't been to hungry. I eat lots of small meals throughout the day. I was thinking today I should calculate an old typical day of eating compared to this week. I was shocked to say the least.

The past year or so of eating -

Calories - 6,564
Carbs - 681
Fat - 323
Protein - 216
Sodium - 13,897
Sugar 219

This past week i've done much better -

Calories - 2,186
Carbs - 168
Fat - 114
Protein - 97
Sodium - 3,824 (still high)
Sugar - 84

These totals surprised the heck out of me. Also this past week I didn't really prepare any of my meals I mainly go to sheetz in the morning to grab a protein egg sandwich on flatbread. For lunch I grab a fruit & nut Salad with light dressing. Then dinner I've been eating veggie flat bread pizza. Snacks include carrots, grapes, yogurt, apples and other things. I drink about 150 ounces of water daily now. Figure once I start learning to cook I can drop the sodium from being so high?

Anyway just thought I'd share and see if anyone else was surprised on what they were eating compared to what they are now.

Replies

• futuremommyt
    futuremommyt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the menu changes! I was definitely surprised, but mine is more because I'm a volume eater. Grilled chicken and grilled veges? I'd eat probably half a pound of chicken and gosh knows how many veges. And I'm a nibbler too, so much so that I wouldn't be hungry for dinner since while I was cooking it I'd "taste" it so often! Once I tracked those calories, wow.
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Great job on changing your eating habits I was amazed at how off my measurements were when I was guesstimating how much I was eating rather than actually weighing it! Quite eye opening. Keep up the great work!!
  • papasiggy
    Options
    WomanofGod4893 yes I agree after just a week of eating healthier I feel a whole lot better than before. Before I just didn't want to move my body and when I did everything just hurt. It still hurts from time to time but its very noticeable how easier it is to move around after eating healthier. I'm still a long ways off and the weekends are the hardest for me. I've never really cooked anything myself or had the motivation to cook anything. So weekends used to consist of ordering pizza, wings, other comfort foods. But on a positive note I've cleaned out my cabinets and fridge from all the unhealthy foods and replaced with apples, carrots, greens, and lean meats.

Everyone thanks for the encouragement and if any of you have really simple (really) healthy meal ideas that I could start testing my skills please let me know.

Thanks again
    papasiggy