Trackers, water, and mfp

Options
I've done some searching but cannot seem to find a decent answer for the life of me on the boards or google.
I wash my hands all day long being in healthcare. Also, pool time isn't too far away, and I am Hoping I won't need to take it off. I want a tracker I can feel I won't damage. There is conflicting information out there on how resistant or proof the most popular trackers are to water.
I also want it to sync well to mfp. I've read some have issues with this, like the jawbone. Then I've read garamin only syncs your runs, nothing else. That fitbit syncs well but may get damaged by water easily? The misfits break or get lost easily, but are waterproof and sync well til then?
I've done so much looking that now I'm just confused! Any opinions very much appreciated.

Replies

• LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex and wear it all the time, even in the shower and doing dishes, and have had no issues with it. I don't wear it in the pool as it doesn't track swimming, so I figure there is no point risking it. If I was just popping in and out of a backyard pool, then I wouldn't be that bothered about wearing it in though. It is meant to be water resistant up to a certain depth so you should be OK.

I also have mine synced here and am loving it.
  • taylorvanhooren
    taylorvanhooren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex and wear it all the time, even in the shower and doing dishes, and have had no issues with it. I don't wear it in the pool as it doesn't track swimming, so I figure there is no point risking it. If I was just popping in and out of a backyard pool, then I wouldn't be that bothered about wearing it in though. It is meant to be water resistant up to a certain depth so you should be OK.

I also have mine synced here and am loving it.

I also have a Fitbit and it's great. no issues in water or damage. it syncs up really well with MFP. I've had it since the summer, went boating, swimming, etc with it. I've heard that they're good with replacements so if any water damage occurred, you could always contact them. they also have the extra warranty option.
  • mannequinlolita
    mannequinlolita Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I thought fitbit was going to be the one i wanted. after too much googling I saw some issues. I think there's enough good news to outweigh the few bad ones though, and an extra warranty might be just the thing.
  • cchonka
    cchonka Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've accidentally washed my fitbit one and it still works. I would recommend washing it , though.